Red Dead Redemption is the film adaptation most desired by gamers, research reveals

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
106055.jpg

During a recent survey of 650 people carried out by GAME in the UK, it was discovered that 41% of respondents want a movie adaptation of Red Dead Redemption.

• 41% of respondents said they would like to see a movie or TV series based on Red Dead Redemption;
  • 38% would like to see a movie or TV series based on Mass Effect;
  • 33% would like to see a movie or TV series based on Horizon;
  • 29% would like to see a movie or TV series based on The Elder Scrolls;
  • 2% would like to see a movie or TV series based on FIFA.
Now, when it comes to existing movie adaptations, 52% of respondents said they liked the original Tomb Raider adaptations better, while only 14% of gamers felt positive about the Gran Turismo movie.

In addition, around 42% of respondents named The Last of Us (which has a series on HBO) as their favorite franchise. Regarding upcoming releases, 49% are excited about the Fallout series, followed by BioShock and God of War.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
The action better be as intense as 'No Country For Old Men' or imma riot.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I would rather see something more exciting like a big budget cyberpunk 2077 movie

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Could just watch one of the many masterpiece western movies that inspired RDR. We're just going in circles here.

...and a FIFA / FC movie?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Reactions: balrogboy

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I find interesting that usually when there is a poll or news article of some kind, more often than not "gamers" are just mainstream folk and not actual "gamers".
Doesn't always make news like these wrong tho.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

These bums ain't even seen the classics but want adaptations

Walking Away No GIF by Bernardson
an actual reccomendation for western fans: Go watch Sergio Leone's "A fistful of Dynamite" also known as "Duck, you sucker" in some parts of the world, fantastic western that deserve its place amongst the greats
1712601996421.png .

• fire
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja