[reddit] Zenless Zone Zero reaches #1 most downloaded RPG | Game [OT]

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I am enjoying the game so far. I received Lycaon as my 1st S character, and since then, I have received Ellen X3, a Grace, and a Lycaon Dupe since starting without spending any money.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I am enjoying the game so far. I received Lycaon as my 1st S character, and since then, I have received Ellen X3, a Grace, and a Lycaon Dupe since starting without spending any money.
So, I would advise f2p players not to spend all their resources pulling, until very late game the multiple copies aren't good value compared to pulling a wide variety of characters. Right now it seems like you will want a minimum of 6 invested characters in the late game due to needing 2x 3-member teams for the higher tier shiyu defense missions. That said, nice luck. I got koleda from the stable channel (who I kinda dislike the playstyle for) and nekomata and Ellen.

F2p players will want to manage their premium currency carefully

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
So, I would advise f2p players not to spend all their resources pulling, until very late game the multiple copies aren't good value compared to pulling a wide variety of characters. Right now it seems like you will want a minimum of 6 invested characters in the late game due to needing 2x 3-member teams for the higher tier shiyu defense missions. That said, nice luck. I got koleda from the stable channel (who I kinda dislike the playstyle for) and nekomata and Ellen.

F2p players will want to manage their premium currency carefully
Thanks for the feedback. I've played several Hoyoverse and other gotcha games, so I'm well-versed on what to look forward to. Right now, I'm working on building my 2nd team.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Agree with almost every point in this review. I've completed the MSQ and 95% of the side content and in every respect this is a great game that is held back by its gacha system being integral to its core design. Right now I'm sitting at an 8-8.5/10, which is a shame because purely on presentation and aesthetic appeal to me this is an easy 10/10. I hope they convert it into a full price b2p game with all the gacha stripped out because it would be excellent as one.