[reddit] Zenless Zone Zero reaches #1 most downloaded RPG in China, US, and Japan according to Sensor Tower, 2 days before launch

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ayyyyy let’s go. So much doom and gloom surrounding ZZZ but this game is primed to do really well.

Doom and gloom? From like the forum dwellers that don’t play online games? Meh… those are the clueless.

All things shaping up for a huge launch.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Doom and gloom? From like the forum dwellers that don’t play online games? Meh… those are the clueless.

Its not doom and gloom, Heck I like mihoyo games but holy shit if people can play 3 gacha games from the same publisher then they have too much time on their hands or are spending too much money on pixels

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Its not doom and gloom, Heck I like mihoyo games but holy shit if people can play 3 gacha games from the same publisher then they have too much time on their hands or are spending too much money on pixels

The “main game” issue for an online gamer is a thing. At some point you have to pick a favorite across them all. So yea I’m sure there will be some concern but I think it’ll be fine. You’re not really playing all these games at once necessarily unless the timing on content is all at once.

I’m liking the presentation and art direction of ZZZ (From a quick driveby) over their previous games.

Hot summer for online gaming. The old guard attempting to weather off new challengers. Competition is great.

26 Nov 2023

It's mostly coming from parts of the gacha community and even in the hoyo fanbase too, but it's the same kinda nonsense when WuWa launched and people can't help but pit these games against each other. Gacha tribalism is quite intense, which I guess makes sense as people who invest so much time into one game feel territorial of it. Either way, I think ZZZ is gonna do really well.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Any way to play these games without the nickel and diming? Like if I put $40 into the game I’ll get a whole experience? I’ve always been curious about these games but I’m pretty turned off by f2p, but I’m sure they’re popular for good reason.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Any way to play these games without the nickel and diming? Like if I put $40 into the game I’ll get a whole experience? I’ve always been curious about these games but I’m pretty turned off by f2p, but I’m sure they’re popular for good reason.
I can only talk about hoyoverse games- haven't spent a single dime on genshin but did spend a couple of hundred in honkai star rail

Unfortunately you can't get the characters without spending some amount of money, they give you lot of the premium currency for free but if you want specific 5 star characters then you have to plan and save for them if you are f2p. On the other hand if you spend money it depends you get 20 pulls for 100$ and 90 pulls guarantee a 5 star but if you want the specific monthly banner 5 star then it can take a max of 180 pulls if you miss the 50/50 on the first guaranteed 5 star at 90 pulls.

On average I found you can spend anywhere between 50 -150$ for a 5 star character if you don't take into account the free jades you get, the weapons for the 5 stars are another gacha lottery and you can spend the same for the 5 star weapons as well.

Overall if you are f2p you can have 1-2 strong 5 stars with good gear and others will be 4 stars on your team. Whales generally have all the best S tier 5 star characters with fully levelled up 5 star weapons which can cost thousands

The game content on the other hand is accessible for everyone, if you will be able to clear it is all together a different thing

• Informative
Reactions: voke
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Just don't spend. They give you enough resources to pull for characters every once in a while. If you can resist FOMO then you can play all of their games without spending anything, they don't do the usual gacha tactics of making new characters completely outclass old ones to force you to keep pulling the meta characters

Reactions: voke
26 Nov 2023

There isn't really a "whole" experience per se. It's a live service so the story evolves and continues as they release more arcs. There's no real end. That said, when it comes to story content, you can pick up Honkai Star Rail and complete the entire story up till the latest version without spending a single dime. The free characters you'll get will be enough to get you through the main content. I bought a battle pass once or twice but thats it and I've been playing HSR mainly for over a year. There's a shit ton of content that you can play through for free and lemme tell you, HSR, especially the first and third arc is PEAK gaming lol

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
played a few minutes and idk if its just me but there are some bad fps drops on ps5 🤔 Game is mostly smooth but I'll wait for a patch before playing more

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
played a few minutes and idk if its just me but there are some bad fps drops on ps5 🤔 Game is mostly smooth but I'll wait for a patch before playing more
there's some hitching in the opening section, didn't get really any more later except during loading

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I see comparisons to persona. I’m goin in blind.

PSN trailer slaps you with jiggly anime titties from the jump but I’m hoping for more than a waifu simulator. This game seems a bit less embarrassing to play than genshin when it comes to that. Also, much better title than their other stuff. Does that matter? Well sure.

There’s a narrative right? Or an in progress live narrative? I don’t feel like farming characters and gacha hooks but if there’s a short campaign to burn thru… why not? I’d prefer more online games with dedicated single player games within them like this seems to do or Destiny or a Monster Hunter. Much more appealing to me than strictly mp stuff like Helldivers.

Production and presentation looking top notch. I’ve been resisting trying these hoyoverse games but the proof is in the pudding right? Players seem to love these games.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I see comparisons to persona. I’m goin in blind.

PSN trailer slaps you with jiggly anime titties from the jump but I’m hoping for more than a waifu simulator. This game seems a bit less embarrassing to play than genshin when it comes to that. Also, much better title than their other stuff. Does that matter? Well sure.

There’s a narrative right? Or an in progress live narrative? I don’t feel like farming characters and gacha hooks but if there’s a short campaign to burn thru… why not? I’d prefer more online games with dedicated single player games within them like this seems to do or Destiny or a Monster Hunter. Much more appealing to me than strictly mp stuff like Helldivers.

Production and presentation looking top notch. I’ve been resisting trying these hoyoverse games but the proof is in the pudding right? Players seem to love these games.
Imo ZZZ is persona × jet set radio and dial up the production values to 11. The music is godly

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Imo ZZZ is persona × jet set radio and dial up the production values to 11. The music is godly

That’s an encouraging endorsement as I’m a fan of both P5 and JSRF.

I just booted it up. Small thing to be impressed about but the touchpad cursor is the best I’ve used in ages 😂