[reddit] Zenless Zone Zero reaches #1 most downloaded RPG in China, US, and Japan according to Sensor Tower, 2 days before launch

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Okay wtf. How does any dev compete with what Hoyoverse is doing? 🤣

Seriously blows my mind. Sometimes you just know from the jump. Combat nailed too.

This is gonna be awesome isn’t it.

• party
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Okay wtf. How does any dev compete with what Hoyoverse is doing? 🤣

Seriously blows my mind. Sometimes you just know from the jump. Combat nailed too.

This is gonna be awesome isn’t it.
They literally can't, hoyo spends a ridiculous amount of money developing their games. Supposedly genshin costs $200 million per year in dev costs.

• Surprised
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
They literally can't, hoyo spends a ridiculous amount of money developing their games. Supposedly genshin costs $200 million per year in dev costs.

I’m sitting here wondering if it’s the best jrpg I’ve played since god knows when. It’s a total joy and feels like a love letter to Dreamcast era gamers with the combat also having shades of marvel va capcom. It’s actually kinda charming and funny and fowl too. I’m sorta blown away. Zero dollars folks.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I went from think this could be could to thinking “this could be a killer app.”

Don’t let the “gacha” genre fool you into a false prejudice. Although I’m now concerned how jrpgs devs try to compete. Like this is major Hoyoverse is doing the forever jrpg with production values and gameplay that rival the very best.

Like wtf… 🤣😂🤣

• Shake
Reactions: anonpuffs
26 Nov 2023
Kids are in bed. Gonna get some decaf going soon and hop in. Really hype. Next banner for Star Rail is an easy skip for me so I can give this game my full attention.

redemption codes for some in game resources:

ZENLESSGIFT
ZZZ2024
ZENLESSLAUNCH
ZZZFREE100

Thanks for looking out.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Oh man. Strong persona online vibes. Makes me glad I skipped p3remake. Totally getting my fill here.

Understanding the game is like learning a new language tho and totally overwhelming.

26 Nov 2023
WuWa’s combat is on another level. Genshin and ZZZ doesn’t come close tbh. But WuWa’s characters, story and VA is absolute dogshit. ZZZ overall has been a far more enjoyable experience with seriously impressive visuals, animations and music. I was never a fan of Genshin so can’t comment but ZZZ doesn’t have Paimon so it’s already the better game.

Honkai Star Rail is the best gacha out there right now though :p

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Btw the combat does get much better as you progress. Some of the end game combat will make you sweat (not too much though as it's still a mobile game). There are also deeper combat mechanics that you can learn if you want, button mashing will only work for the first couple acts

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I played a few hours (level proxy 10, after resting the 2nd night) and I'm loving it so far. Many devs have so much to learn from these folks.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Will put in some more time in a bit.

Runs well and I like the art direction but it doesn’t look like a proper PS5 version btw. Image quality severely lacking and I heard something about HDR being currently broken on PS5.

Keeping an open mind. Good thing Granblue was a primer for the more aggressive f2p economy found here. Haven’t revisited that in ages too but not sure if they added anything major narrative related since.

They’re coming off like jrpgs mixed with fighters to me generally speaking due to character variety. Kinda dope.