Redfall will feature Denuvo

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
And it's that exact braindead idiocy that's preventing me from engaging with the hardcore Xbox community. I have the damn console and would love to talk about it but with troglodytes like these being worshiped, it's mentally taxing.
These people barely ever play the games they brag about. Twitter is the game they enjoy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029

KungFucius

10 Jan 2023
Only pirates care about games having Denuvo and that's why PC players care so much, they are not fooling anyone.

If Denuvo was easy to crack nobody would care just like they don't care about all the other DRM.
Says the person who claims all Xbox gamers are shit. The hyperbole and anti every type of gamer who is not you is ridiculous. Many PC gamers are obsessed with performance which is why they spend thousands on their rigs and many hours tweaking settings to get the most performance. DRM runs in addition to the game and always has some cost, even if it is negligible to most. Why should people who pay thousands for HW and days tweaking and testing after each upgrade and pay 70 for a game be OK with DRM that is running while the game is being played? I don't really care because my PC is specced higher than I can ever use it due to my TV's shitty HDMI bullshit.

It looks like MS is now putting DRM in all new Gamepass games just in time for SpaceSkyrim. I don't like this at all because I have had a couple of issues with Gamepass games already. Sea of thieves crashed my PC hard until I cleared/reinstalled the MS store. Gears5 was giving me issues too until I installed the latest Windows update ( which I assume overwrites some of the MS Store/GP). If they have an issue with the damn store causing PCs to crash when playing a game, how likely is it that DRM like Denuvo won't cause some users issues or result in some update fucking something up? It also is less consumer friendly, adding risk to paying customers to make it harder for pirates.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Says the person who claims all Xbox gamers are shit. The hyperbole and anti every type of gamer who is not you is ridiculous. Many PC gamers are obsessed with performance which is why they spend thousands on their rigs and many hours tweaking settings to get the most performance. DRM runs in addition to the game and always has some cost, even if it is negligible to most. Why should people who pay thousands for HW and days tweaking and testing after each upgrade and pay 70 for a game be OK with DRM that is running while the game is being played? I don't really care because my PC is specced higher than I can ever use it due to my TV's shitty HDMI bullshit.

It looks like MS is now putting DRM in all new Gamepass games just in time for SpaceSkyrim. I don't like this at all because I have had a couple of issues with Gamepass games already. Sea of thieves crashed my PC hard until I cleared/reinstalled the MS store. Gears5 was giving me issues too until I installed the latest Windows update ( which I assume overwrites some of the MS Store/GP). If they have an issue with the damn store causing PCs to crash when playing a game, how likely is it that DRM like Denuvo won't cause some users issues or result in some update fucking something up? It also is less consumer friendly, adding risk to paying customers to make it harder for pirates.
Blaming Denuvo for everything bad with PC, what a surprise. You are fine with all other DRM but Denuvo (the only one that works besides always online) is the one you have problem with? Very suspicious.

MS is closing all doors now that $1 Gamepass is not a thing, including piracy devaluing their product on day 1. I would do the same.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

You’re walking proof that PC gamers and Xbots are cut from the same stinky cloth, dude.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Blaming Denuvo for everything bad with PC, what a surprise. You are fine with all other DRM but Denuvo (the only one that works besides always online) is the one you have problem with? Very suspicious.

MS is closing all doors now that $1 Gamepass is not a thing, including piracy devaluing their product on day 1. I would do the same.

Denuvo causes some performance issues in some games. Quite substantial issues actually. It's kinda fucked up that you buy a game and have something that will impact your experience because some assholes can't / won't buy games. But such is life, and people have to understand that while console piracy is all but done for, PC piracy is as big as ever.

Reactions: laynelane

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Denuvo causes some performance issues in some games. Quite substantial issues actually. It's kinda fucked up that you buy a game and have something that will impact your experience because some assholes can't / won't buy games. But such is life, and people have to understand that while console piracy is all but done for, PC piracy is as big as ever.
I'm not saying it never happens but most of these claims are FUD coming from pirates. It's extremely easy to test it and evidence would be all over the place if the impact was noticeable.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm not saying it never happens but most of these claims are FUD coming from pirates. It's extremely easy to test it and evidence would be all over the place if the impact was noticeable.

They are not, really. But then again, I don't give two fucks and since I play at 1080p, I don't notice performance issues anyway, everything runs over 100fps maxed out.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Everyone who I've seen test games with it says it makes them run worse. Usually the mere act of stripping it out means they are at least a little familiar with piracy but how else would you test it?

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Take note, the assholes who pirate the game benefit from running it without the performance impact of Denuvo.
Denuvo is the worst kind of DRM, the one that literally punishes the paying customer.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Take note, the assholes who pirate the game benefit from running it without the performance impact of Denuvo.
Denuvo is the worst kind of DRM, the one that literally punishes the paying customer.

Basically, yeah.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There is evidence out there for some games. On some it's negligible, on others it's considerable.
Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Anti-denuvo people should ask NXgamer or that Alex guy from DF to investigate investigate this. I have my doubts about all these claims, it not as easy to tell where a problem is coming from when it comes to PC.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Denuvo doesn't impact all games in the same way, Hardware Unboxed did a video where they said they won't test Denuvo effects on performance because there's no way to get like-for-like analysis because when hackers disable Denuvo most of the time it's actually still running, the hackers just figured out a way to fool it/make it not connect to the anticheat servers, and to test it when it's removed they'd have to know in advance and test the patch before, and then the removal patch needed to not have changed anything else. That said it's well-known that Denuvo can cause stutters particularly in some heavier games.