Remedy Entertainment Using BOTS To PUSH Alan Wake 2 SALES

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Sweet Baby Inc BUSTED FAKING IT | Remedy Entertainment Using BOTS To PUSH WOKE Alan Wake 2 SALES​

I am not interesting in SBI.

Just wanted highlight that companies using Bots. the same is happening with Star Wars Outlaws.

what do you guys think? it is moral? legal? scummy? etc..?

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Lol pathetic. We've known about this sort of thing for a while and now Remedy and Epic are getting involved.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They should have done more because the sales were not that big. Remedy deserves Sweet Money Inc instead of that baby shit 😒

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It’s sad that arguably the best game of the generation has to resort to this…

I don’t hold this against people like Sam Lake, I highly doubt it was his idea or that he was on board with it.

I hope they learn that physical matters.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

I don’t hold this against people like Sam Lake, I highly doubt it was his idea or that he was on board with it.

Remedy never learns.

Reactions: J_Paganel

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I so much disliked AW2.... such a big disappointment after the first one.
Terrible gameplay, boring repeatable puzzles, stiff combat and almost none of it, they ruined the story, You play much less as Alan and he doesn't matter.
Linear, bad gameplay, form over function woke game.

I don't understand the praise it gets. It's bad. It is just bad.
you pretend to be scared and pretend to be a detective and then pretend to put clue on the walls... and constantly, there is this never-ending talking heads in her mind place... Alan levels were a bit better but he takes the backseat in this alan wake game...
And the ending... again there is no solution. Outside of marry sue resolving all her problems just like that.

I lost hope in Remedy. Control already sucked... but at leas the shooting was cool.
AW2 plays bad, story is bad and main character is bad. Like what the hell

edit: Don't get me wrong, there are some amazing atmospheric places. The forst with it's audio and visual design. The AMAZING old people nursing home. So cool. But then you get loud jump scares ALL THE TIME, same enemies that are never any challenge, pack full of resources, weird obnoxious puzzles with kids toys and launch boxes... and positive messaging in there. Saga never reacts to anything. She is stoic and resolves her problems just so.
And it really doesn't help that ps5 version is just pc version with low settings slapped on it. No rt, very grainy ssr, fsr breakup... worst image quality on ps5. no drawbacks solutions. Just low and terrible delayed controls with big deadzones. Like if they never made a good shooter before.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
This has little to do with SBI IMO.

That one of the most awarded games of 2023 has found the need to resort to this, is the real news. I'm disappointed at Remedy, but this just goes to say how little those awards actually mean.

Though I'm not really surprised that Alan Wake 2 is a sales failure (probably a massive one at that).

First, Remedy partnered with Nvidia to launch a game so poorly optimized that it tries to convince people to buy the latest >$1000 RTX 40 GPUs with "exclusive" frame generation to run the damn thing. Which obviously hurt their PC sales.

Then, Remedy partnered with Epic to launch the game exclusively on a store where no one buys their games. Which obviously hurt their PC sales.

On top of that, like Control this game is... weird. And it's the sequel to a not-that-popular game that is 14 years old now and many people don't really remember it. It's not something edible for everyone, meaning its addressable market was already pretty small from the start. This was not a game where they wanted to commit those mistakes above.

This thing with SBI and having one of the main characters complaining about cis white men mansplaining is ridiculous and pretty embarassing for their writing team (helmed by Sam Lake for fuck's sake), but it's probably just a fraction of this game's problems.
Eventually they recognized the mistake and launched a "performance optimization patch" which they really had to promote, and I guess paying some marketing company that uses bots is cheaper than paying for promotion articles on Eurogamer and IGN.

Let's just hope Remedy survives long enough to launch the Max Payne remakes, and that these last don't repeat the same blatant mistakes that Alan Wake 2 did. Just make the same fucking game that everyone liked with massive graphics and audio revamps, and stop trying to pander to the modern audiences that don't really exist in numbers large enough to make your game profitable.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's just a bad game, the first one was a masterpiece. AAA devs keep dropping the ball for the most part this generation

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I so much disliked AW2.... such a big disappointment after the first one.
Terrible gameplay, boring repeatable puzzles, stiff combat and almost none of it, they ruined the story, You play much less as Alan and he doesn't matter.
Linear, bad gameplay, form over function woke game.

I don't understand the praise it gets. It's bad. It is just bad.
you pretend to be scared and pretend to be a detective and then pretend to put clue on the walls... and constantly, there is this never-ending talking heads in her mind place... Alan levels were a bit better but he takes the backseat in this alan wake game...
And the ending... again there is no solution. Outside of marry sue resolving all her problems just like that.

I lost hope in Remedy. Control already sucked... but at leas the shooting was cool.
AW2 plays bad, story is bad and main character is bad. Like what the hell
You nailed it. Just sayin'

Reactions: Umar and rofif

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Every one in the entertainment industry does this, and I'm not defending it. TV shows, movies, music, social media posts and likes.

Everything is boosted by bots. It has been for decades. And those players online? Bots.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
I'm 100% sure Microsoft are using these bots accounts on resetera neogaf reddit twitter x ect
Microsoft failed to conquer neogaf but they successfully conquered resetera completely
but with all that nothing changed they still in third place there games don't sell at all and they're going third-party soon or I should say they're technically a third-party now 😄

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Guess the marketplace agrees the game is Alan Bore 2 :ROFLMAO: , mind palace is the most useless game mechanic created ever

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Guess the marketplace agrees the game is Alan Bore 2 :ROFLMAO: , mind palace is the most useless game mechanic created ever
You hate everything, probably ready to find any possible way to dislike something rather than enjoy it for what it is.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

alan wake 2 game of the generation? its a good game but its nowhere near as good as people say it is. its solid. Game of the generation is Baldur Gate 3 thus far. GTA 6 will likely usurp that crown next year.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
alan wake 2 game of the generation? its a good game but its nowhere near as good as people say it is. its solid. Game of the generation is Baldur Gate 3 thus far. GTA 6 will likely usurp that crown next year.
It is indeed. I don’t think this game holds well with those w short attention span though. GOTG is Returnal btw