Reminder: Sony is working with AMD for a handheld with 2teraflops of GPU power

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
but he literally leaked the specs of the PS5 Pro and he even had slides presented to developers about PSSR, he was the only and the first one to leak all of that

He also said Intel's discrete GPU division had been disbanded and the Archmage GPUs had been cancelled.. 1 month before those GPUs actually launched.
Earlier this year, he also picked up on a fake lead created by X users just to lure out his lack of vetting standards.

So is he getting good leaks? Some times, but not always.

Sony creating a 2 TFLOPs handheld console right now would amount to nothing of value. It's way too late to launch a new console that runs code from the 11 year-old PS4 and Sony isn't going to mandate compatibility with a 2 TFLOPs console from devs, not even their own.
If he's getting a 50/50 success rate in his leaks, that one is probably in the failed half.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
developers are literally desperate for more people to buy their games, Switch has a playerbase of over 140M people that will likely upgrade to a new device due to their digital/physical libraries and the backwards compatibility of the Switch 2, Call Of Duty for example is already secured to have a Switch 2 version

I just don't trust Nintendo consoles to get long term, meaningful third party support. It's never really happened in their history. The mega-popular Wii got "third party support" in the form of half-baked gimmick versions of their Xbox 360/PS3/PC counterparts, the Wii U had zero TP support, and the Switch - to my knowledge - has very little third party support and no major, ongoing third party support. The AAA games it does manage to get (like Mortal Kombat) get meme'd into oblivion.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
they should also learn the lesson and remove their games from Steam, give them no Steam Deck optimization support and put them on their PS Launcher exclusevly, at least if people on Steam Deck download their games it's gonna be through PSN and the PS Launcher where Sony controls better the playerbase

Never gonna happen, bro.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I just don't trust Nintendo consoles to get long term, meaningful third party support. It's never really happened in their history. The mega-popular Wii got "third party support" in the form of half-baked gimmick versions of their Xbox 360/PS3/PC counterparts, the Wii U had zero TP support, and the Switch - to my knowledge - has very little third party support and no major, ongoing third party support. The AAA games it does manage to get (like Mortal Kombat) get meme'd into oblivion.
The Switch's 3rd party support has been consistently very solid outside of major AAA titles, and even then it occasionally gets miracle ports, albeit of dubious quality

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ok.

Can you guys explain to non-native English user what the difference between:

Rumor
Reminder

Which one is more trustable?

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Ok.

Can you guys explain to non-native English user what the difference between:

Rumor
Reminder

Which one is more trustable?

They don't really mean the same thing.

Rumor - unsubstantiated hearsay
Report - Can have multiple meanings depending on context
Reminder - remembering to do something

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Steam *is* DRM
You're mostly right; *technically*, it is possible to publish games on Steam that don't utilize Steam's DRM, thus allowing the game to be launched without even launching Steam (Trails of Cold Steel, for example, does not have Steam DRM despite being on Steam).
This is typically not the case though, and I suspect Etifilio didn't count Steam DRM because Steam DRM is trivial to crack.

Reactions: Dr. E99

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They don't really mean the same thing.

Rumor - unsubstantiated hearsay
Report - Can have multiple meanings depending on context
Reminder - remembering to do something
But the OP Sony is working or not in a portable? Or it is like a rumor?

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
You're mostly right; *technically*, it is possible to publish games on Steam that don't utilize Steam's DRM, thus allowing the game to be launched without even launching Steam (Trails of Cold Steel, for example, does not have Steam DRM despite being on Steam).
This is typically not the case though, and I suspect Etifilio didn't count Steam DRM because Steam DRM is trivial to crack.

If you want true DRM-free gaming on PC, you have to buy from GOG. IIRC, Sony releases their games on GOG. But I don't know if they require Galaxy or not.

Reactions: TrishaCat
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
He also said Intel's discrete GPU division had been disbanded and the Archmage GPUs had been cancelled.. 1 month before those GPUs actually launched.
Earlier this year, he also picked up on a fake lead created by X users just to lure out his lack of vetting standards.

So is he getting good leaks? Some times, but not always.

Sony creating a 2 TFLOPs handheld console right now would amount to nothing of value. It's way too late to launch a new console that runs code from the 11 year-old PS4 and Sony isn't going to mandate compatibility with a 2 TFLOPs console from devs, not even their own.
If he's getting a 50/50 success rate in his leaks, that one is probably in the failed half.
2tflops aspect is an estimation, not factual, could be more

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm not sure, actually. I don't think so. I think they get day and date releases.
I don't think that is true... no big game release day and date on GOG.
Talking about Sony here as example:

God of War Steam: January 14, 2022
God of War GOG: March 12th, 2024

It makes no sense to have day and date releases on GOG... it is more used to late releases.
Anyway Sony last GOG release was God of War early this year... and there is talk they won't release there anymore.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
I can't estimate the success of a "PSP 2", but I'm sure it would outsell the Steam Deck.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But I keep getting told Playstation cant make a portable that plays modern games, despite Valve doing so and Nintendo’s next hybrid

Last edited:
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima