Reminder: Sony is working with AMD for a handheld with 2teraflops of GPU power

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
It is Steam... their users call it "steam confidence" not DRM.
Denuvo is the current anti-piracy measure on PC. IIRC there's very few people out there who are willing to put in the time and effort to removing from modern AAA PC games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Denuvo is the current anti-piracy measure on PC. IIRC there's very few people out there who are willing to put in the time and effort to removing from modern AAA PC games.
Denuvo is maybe the lack of works the stronger DRM.
Steam do has DRM even without Denuvo.
If you keep sometime without log into the account you can't play the game.
And that is not just to some... almost all games requires you to log into Steam to play them (aka DRM)... it is how they control multiple PC play too (you can't log into a Steam account an play in different PC at the same time).

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hopefully it’s a hybrid & can be dock to a tv like Sewitch. If PS makes a traditional console & a sole handheld that will fail like psp/psvita.

PS needs to copy Nintendo. Also if the rumors of Xbox having a console & a handheld separate that will fail to as you just split the fanbase into 2 device while also both devices having different & weaker specs like the series s/x.

PS needs to make there handheld & fold everything under 1 roof to maximize sells + penetrate Asia w 1 device. Hell you can even have a PS6 (which is the hybrid switch like handheld) & then a PS6 mini (which has a significant smaller screen size, screen size similar to iPhone 14 Pro) to really cater to Japan, India, Korea & China

Omega Warrior

Banned
9 Sep 2024
Hopefully it’s a hybrid & can be dock to a tv like Sewitch. If PS makes a traditional console & a sole handheld that will fail like psp/psvita.

PS needs to copy Nintendo. Also if the rumors of Xbox having a console & a handheld separate that will fail to as you just split the fanbase into 2 device while also both devices having different & weaker specs like the series s/x.

PS needs to make there handheld & fold everything under 1 roof to maximize sells + penetrate Asia w 1 device. Hell you can even have a PS6 (which is the hybrid switch like handheld) & then a PS6 mini (which has a significant smaller screen size, screen size similar to iPhone 14 Pro) to really cater to Japan, India, Korea & China
My opinion is that handheld devices should completely replace consoles.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd wait and release something more powerful than Steamdeck. I'd do this roadmap:
  • 2024: PS5 Pro release
  • 2025: PC PSN store release with all Sony PC games and start building there 3rd party catalog
  • 2026: PSP6 (handheld PC slightly more powerful than the Steamdeck and similar ones available at that moment)
  • 2027: Release of PS6 (home console)
PC PSN would feature mandatory cross-buy, cross-play, cross-save for all games available in both PC and console (PS6/5/4 + PS classics from previous gens available for them) PSN storefronts.

PSP6 would somewhat look like the PS Player but would also feature native (PC) games and the halfs of the DualSense 2 at the side would be detachable like joycons. They would be literally halfs of the DualSense 2, it would be splitabble in order to reuse it in PS6 and PSVR3.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
according to the same guy who leaked the specs of PS5 Pro and the existence of PSSR earlier this year, Sony already has a contract signed with AMD for the PS6 and a handheld that he says might have the same GPU power of the PS4 but using a completely different architecture based on the new Zen CPUs, it will also have 16GB+ of memory to be able to run PS5 games
51-VE4B6KrL.jpg

i was thinking about that... and Sony is really smart if this proves to be correct, Nintendo Switch 2 will receive big support from third party developers due to its power increase being similar to something like the Steam Deck, so third parties would have no problem working on versions for Sony's handheld too, since they're already making the effort to port the games to the Switch 2, playing games natively on the go with a decent quality (720p, 900p, 1080p) in an 8 inch OLED screen would be fantastic, there's also Sony's PSSR technology that can be used for this handheld to improve resolution and frame-rates, gonna be really interesting
Nice... I really hope that it'll be worth it as I want to get one ASAP! 👀

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I'd wait and release something more powerful than Steamdeck. I'd do this roadmap:
  • 2024: PS5 Pro release
  • 2025: PC PSN store release with all Sony PC games and start building there 3rd party catalog
  • 2026: PSP6 (handheld PC slightly more powerful than the Steamdeck and similar ones available at that moment)
  • 2027: Release of PS6 (home console)
PC PSN would feature mandatory cross-buy, cross-play, cross-save for all games available in both PC and console (PS6/5/4 + PS classics from previous gens available for them) PSN storefronts.

PSP6 would somewhat look like the PS Player but would also feature native (PC) games and the halfs of the DualSense 2 at the side would be detachable like joycons. They would be literally halfs of the DualSense 2, it would be splitabble in order to reuse it in PS6 and PSVR3.
i don't think you understand correctly, Sony is working on a portable PS4, not a PC handheld

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Man a lot of PC glazers have joined recently, Looks like it is pretty barren for them with wukong not being cracked yet. They literally have a game that launched which can put their so called high specs PC's through the paces but they come and discuss playstation games ports :ROFLMAO: 🤭
Not sure if trolling or...............

I happily pay for my games. Im not into piracy at all. Cant speak on behalf of my glorious Master Race brethren, but ok..
And since when do we have to play games all the time and not being able to have a discussion when we have a decent rig? Thats just asinine.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
2tflops aspect is an estimation, not factual, could be more

2 TFLOPs is so far away from what would be needed to run PS5 code that the whole rumor is moot.

Sony is not going to split their developer resources for more than one platform. They didn't do it for the PS Vita 13 years ago, won't do it now. They're not even lending any developers to do PSVR2 modes for their 1st-gen games, let alone a console with drastically inferior capabilities.

If the console doesn't run PS5 code, it's not happening. And for it to run PS5 code it needs:

- 36 CUs RDNA2 (or later) at 2.23GHz
- 8x Zen2 (or later) cores at 3.5GHz
- 448GB/s memory bandwidth.
- 5.5GB/s storage bandwidth

Anything below this is not even worth discussing.

Lol Switch 2 will be on par with a ps4/ps4 pro at best
Switch 2 being on par with the PS4 Pro on the GPU side is very unlikely.

15 May 2024
Well I hope not, let Sony focus on Consoles and VR , Switch already had the market and let Switch compete with Steam deck and ROG. Sony first party output this gen is little barren compared to PS4 era let alone supporting Handled, even their VR2 content lack first party output.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
My opinion is that handheld devices should completely replace consoles.
Yes agree. Look at Nintendo w switch it’s essentially combine both the traditional box console & mobile handheld into 1 whether you want to play on the go or at home docked to a tv you choose how you want to play. It also makes it where you don’t need to develop for 2 separated console

Valve is doing this w Steamdeck but w Valve hes trying combine & turn PC to essentially a console like device that is extremely easy & cheap to access PC or on valve case the Steam platform & Steam storefront. It also makes your storefront accessible “anywhere” outside the home something that challenges the traditional box console that’s solely under your tv

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Not sure if trolling or...............

I happily pay for my games. Im not into piracy at all. Cant speak on behalf of my glorious Master Race brethren, but ok..
And since when do we have to play games all the time and not being able to have a discussion when we have a decent rig? Thats just asinine.
Yeah, but just enjoy your rig and talk games.
It is getting old when it starts to be a pissing contest or dick measuring all the time.