Remnant 2: Live Impressions

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
… posted by accident will elaborate further

I dabbled in the first game but it didn’t pull me in. Instantly was able to realize the pedigree of the gunplay so it was no brainer to jump on the sequel once player impressions started rolling.

For those of us who want something more skill-based an action oriented than a tab and highlight isometric rpg like Diablo there’s Remnant.

What is it? Well from what I gather it’s a a dungeon crawler filled with tons of secrets and controller throwingly frustrating boss battles.

To see the Souls-like make the transition into a shooter is truly some thing marvelous.

Very impressed. It’s also $50.

There isn’t a third person shooter on the market than can even touch this gunplay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Why is this game two discs on Xbox?

was-not-expecting-it-to-be-2-discs-v0-tbo0fjlybzdb1.jpg

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bought first on a whim and coop was so addictive. Bought part 2 and the same but with better graphics. Just the right difficulty for me and when you find shit it matters not like these other bs ass games where u find loot and it's like "wtf". How can you not understand that gamers like finding valuable, useful things!!!.

This game is soooo good and a time killer.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
Bought first on a whim and coop was so addictive. Bought part 2 and the same but with better graphics. Just the right difficulty for me and when you find shit it matters not like these other bs ass games where u find loot and it's like "wtf". How can you not understand that gamers like finding valuable, useful things!!!.

This game is soooo good and a time killer.

the amount of secrets and hidden items is awesome too, there is so much to do and the replayability is massive

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
Why is this game two discs on Xbox?

was-not-expecting-it-to-be-2-discs-v0-tbo0fjlybzdb1.jpg
They wanted to be first to do it before Squenix kekw

Jokes aside, is it better than the first one? I played it when it was given away on epic, and I'm conflicted to this day because it was sometimes enjoyable, sometimes janky, but overall it was ok. I don't get the lore to this day though.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
About 66GB BR disk size on Xbox.

How big is this game?Damn I need to check my install size.

Being UE5 it should be smaller on the current gen consoles.

I think it’s like 70 gigs at most on console. If they need two discs for that that’s kinda embarrassing since every aaa game is over 90 gigs for years now. I stopped doing physical years ago now but hotdamn that’s lame.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
I think it’s like 70 gigs at most on console. If they need two discs for that that’s kinda embarrassing since every aaa game is over 90 gigs for years now. I stopped doing physical years ago now but hotdamn that’s lame.
I think it's pretty advanced if still big is what I'm saying.

Great game but very challenging...

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Oooh there’s a trend of daily increase in player population. Broke its launch day peak on steam in day 2 and it’s about to break that peak today as well. We’re about to see some legit grassroots stuff happen.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oooh there’s a trend of daily increase in player population. Broke its launch day peak on steam in day 2 and it’s about to break that peak today as well. We’re about to see some legit grassroots stuff happen.
Remnant one had legs due to word of mouth. I didn't buy it until over a year later or more.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Is there a quick turn function here? Only thing I could ask for in regards to interface at the moment. I’m also quite fond of the slide move in third person (sprint + crouch).

I very much enjoy how you can spend any amount of time, from a handful of minutes to hours and make progress in some form; well until you get stonewalled by a boss fight.

Do not feel alienated if you do not have buddies to play with. Well firstly because matchmaking seems public and also because you can play solo.

I hear Adventure mode has entirely new environments and bosses from the campaign. But everything could be run specific etc…

I do not regret choosing Gunslinger class one bit.

(Also pretty cool how npc just came up to use the firing range with me. They did a great job with the character interactions in the base hub)

Bonus:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
Is there a quick turn function here? Only thing I could ask for in regards to interface at the moment. I’m also quite fond of the slide move in third person (sprint + crouch).

I very much enjoy how you can spend any amount of time, from a handful of minutes to hours and make progress in some form; well until you get stonewalled by a boss fight.

Do not feel alienated if you do not have buddies to play with. Well firstly because matchmaking seems public and also because you can play solo.

I hear Adventure mode has entirely new environments and bosses from the campaign. But everything could be run specific etc…

I do not regret choosing Gunslinger class one bit.

(Also pretty cool how npc just came up to use the firing range with me. They did a great job with the character interactions in the base hub)

Bonus:

No quick turn.
And Adventure mode is great for when you want to replay zones to get those bosses/gear you didnt get in your main playthrough.

This game with friends is really fun

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It broke its concurrent again. Now peak is 88k as of this morning. Might happen again during NA peak gaming hours which now into the next 3-4 hour window.

That’s very impressive for numbers to be growing going into the weekend. It’s adding players while still retaining them. Honestly I can’t recall seeing that too often ever. That’s true word of mouth success I’d say.

Havent gotten that far in campaign yet. Just got the clock tower operational and chipping away at two side areas I unlocked and getting a grass on all mechanics.

There’s also suprising amount of npc chatter and dialogue choices.

Last edited:
  • party
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Another day another peak record broken…. Let’s fucking go.

Seriously, when have we seen a game surpassing its launch peak day after day?

Ya know what this mean? That this game is baller. Enjoy your listwars … losers

CCC5242-A-84-F4-4-C82-B0-D9-C3-ECEBCAF78-D.jpg

• they're_right_you_know

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
Another day another peak record broken…. Let’s fucking go.

Seriously, when have we seen a game surpassing its launch peak day after day?

Ya know what this mean? That this game is baller. Enjoy your listwars … losers

CCC5242-A-84-F4-4-C82-B0-D9-C3-ECEBCAF78-D.jpg

Yup, this games great! If anyone hasn't already, pick it up! Well worth it

• fire
Reactions: Entropi and Vertigo
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I got about 9 hours in. I will be taking my dear sweet time with this for certain.

Still doing the rifle and handcanon combo but found an smg at the hub and a sawed off shotty (it says handgun tho) somewhere else. Not too crazy about the smg yet but I’m gonna upgrade to similar levels as my main load out eventually.

Met a few strange characters, the most recent being that oracle on the sewing machine who’s tending and speaks thru all those orphan children. She wouldn’t talk to me at first but I found a stray child nearby, hit square to interact and then followed him back to the oracle house. Then she did speak to me.

Explored that zone as much as I could and found three more doors, a castle for the main, the great hall and some other chamber with similar visual style.

Ended it there for now since those seem like the next major areas to explore…

I don’t find it challenging much yet on veteran but I’ve only encountered a few mini bosses and don’t think I’ve seen a proper boss fight yet. So I’m aware it’s way too early to make such a claim.

So if I understand this right… another player may have not even started in Bloodborne zone like I did correct?

Last edited: