Remnant 2: Live Impressions

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
So if I understand this right… another player may have not even started in Bloodborne zone like I did correct?

Correct, they may have started in one of the other biomes.
Someone could have started in that same biome as you but may be on a different path entirely

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
One million sales milestone reached. Very nice to see.

"To everyone who helped us achieve this amazing milestone, thank you for your unwavering support," said David Adams of Gunfire Games. "This was a multi-year journey for us and we couldn't be happier to see fans having such a great time with a game we put our heart and soul into."

"REMNANT II exceeded our expectations. As a commercial and critical hit, we're incredibly proud of the Gunfire team and everyone here at Gearbox Publishing who brought this title to life," said Yoon Im with Gearbox Publishing. "As excited as we are, we're incredibly thankful to the Remnant community who supported us and the Gunfire team during development. To the new Remnant fans who joined our community in the past week, we're thrilled you joined us on this journey."

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The choice will not be the same for everyone.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f674d48446d556f666d497a4257513d3d2d3338333130383037382e313461623930356563323665646434303930373036303730303330362e676966

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Me and my bro are enjoying this a ton. Some great combat encounters here. red prince fucked us up for awhile though lol

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Nightweaver down. Second phase caught me off guard. Her energy siphon attack is cheesy so you just got to learn the dodge timing. They’re pretty well telegraphed.

Very cool mechanic tho. You gotta stay away from the walls or she’ll sneak attack you for an insta kill.

Labyrinth is where they sent me next.

I also defeated crimson king. I read you can avoid the fight by farming kings coins but I decided to fight him since I hadn’t had a real boss encounter at that point yet.

It’s not quite souls difficulty at this point on veteran. Adventure mode also unlocked but I think I’ll save that until it’s needed (which I read should be done before for final boss attempts).

Pretty much loving every moment of this…

Reactions: Lord Mittens
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The Lament Dungeon was pretty great…

y7M0qo.gif

giphy.gif

GloriousQuerulousHoki-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Been trucking along. About 30 hours with the game now.

Another boss that gave me an issue really is that mindflayer I ran into in the forest grove area. He would destroy the arena so you had to move about to determine which he would destroy and/or how much damage they would take.

So I jumped into adventure mode for like an hour or two and was rained on with crafting materials and a new set of armor. Went back and easily cleared the boss in story mode with the increased dps to burn em quickly before he destroys the arena and you fall.

I thoughtI fully explored The Lament dungeon and got its armor set. Not sure what’s missing and just revisited and explored the whole thing again. Hmm…

Cube boss was aight. I liked the music more than anything else but it was mostly just memorizing your run in the the maze.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Been trucking along. About 30 hours with the game now.

First boss that gave me an issue really is that mindflayer boss I ran into in the forest grove area. He would destroy the arena so you had to move about to determine which he would destroy and/or how much damage they would take.

So I jumped into adventure mode for like an hour or two and was rained on with crafting materials and a new set of armor. Went back and easily cleared the boss in story mode with the increased dps to burn em quickly before he destroys the arena and you fall.

I thoughtI fully explored The Lament dungeon and got its armor set. Not sure what’s missing and just revisited and explored the whole thing again. Hmm…

Cube boss was aight. I liked the music more than anything else but it was mostly just memorizing your run in the the maze.
Found the cube fight fun, took about 5-6 goes to figure out there are a couple of spots to stand where you don't have to move and complete it.

Really liked the Blood Wolf Fight, liked his character before it.

Fight in the palace with the big ice guy was very cool too.

Overall loving the game although its seems to be easy to miss certain things

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Found the cube fight fun, took about 5-6 goes to figure out there are a couple of spots to stand where you don't have to move and complete it.

Really liked the Blood Wolf Fight, liked his character before it.

Fight in the palace with the big ice guy was very cool too.

Overall loving the game although its seems to be easy to miss certain things
Its suppose to be easy to miss certain things, that's where the rerolls and replayability comes in. I've played everyday since launch and am still finding new shit. Just got on a train in nerud :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Finally finished the game, the end boss was a right pain in the arse.

Not as bad as this monstrosity from Nioh 2 who seriously fucked up my shit lol

Enjoyed the game did a lot of the content, somewhere around 70% complete, saying that not sure I want to continue with it, will probably do some co-op with a friend when he is on.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
Finally finished the game, the end boss was a right pain in the arse.

Not as bad as this monstrosity from Nioh 2 who seriously fucked up my shit lol

Enjoyed the game did a lot of the content, somewhere around 70% complete, saying that not sure I want to continue with it, will probably do some co-op with a friend when he is on.

That last boss was a right joy until I started getting the rhythm down, great fight too

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That last boss was a right joy until I started getting the rhythm down, great fight too
tbh i don't even know what was happening in phase three, i was fighting mobs, spreading toxin around the place and suddenly the boss died lol, that second phase though, jeez.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’m a bit envious of everyone’s progress. Just haven’t had the time to go hard at it.

Those dungeon bosses that exist on the map, like the huntress or that manta ray thing… pretty neat. Engage at will sorta.

My adventure mode run thru Lonsomn is quite different. There was some sidequest where someone was getting burned at the stake like a witch … I assume I could’ve saved him but dude got torched :/

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I’m a bit envious of everyone’s progress. Just haven’t had the time to go hard at it.

Those dungeon bosses that exist on the map, like the huntress or that manta ray thing… pretty neat. Engage at will sorta.

My adventure mode run thru Lonsomn is quite different. There was some sidequest where someone was getting burned at the stake like a witch … I assume I could’ve saved him but dude got torched :/
I think I have done that particular quest 3 times and each time the person burned, not sure if you can save them.