Trailer:
Developer: Gunfire Games

Publisher: Gearbox Publishing

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 80 average - 92% recommended - 12 reviews

Nd8AbSV.png

Critic Reviews​

ACG - Buy
"A huge improvement on the original with some mechanics changes that might rub prior title holders the wrong way. Performance isn't the best but the core gameplay and loop is awesome!"

AltChar - Asmir Kovacevic - 90 / 100
If you have a fondness for engaging shooting mechanics, visually stunning landscapes, and well-designed enemies, along with a certain level of tolerance for Souls-like games, then Remnant 2 is unquestionably the perfect game for you.

But Why Tho? - Katherine Kong - 9 / 10
Remnant II, however, manages to linger in my mind with its glow-up: memorable, impressive, and damningly fun.

GameSpot - Richard Wakeling - 7 / 10
Remnant 2 builds on its predecessor to create a rewarding and unpredictable experience that's difficult to put down.

Hardcore Gamer - Jordan Helm - 4 / 5
Building on everything that was great about the original - from enemy variety to boss design to the means by which one can customize their play-style - Remnant II just about scrapes by with a follow-up that befits the mantle of "bigger, better, bolder" in numerous ways.

Saving Content - Evan Rowe - 5 / 5
Remnant II is a deeply imaginative, incredibly well designed game that will excite and thrill you repeatedly. It’s incredible to play with friends, and it’s an adventure unlike almost anything else I’ve ever seen, except for Remnant: From the Ashes. Remnant II builds on the template set out by its predecessor and pushes it to amazing new heights, and it is everything you could ask from a sequel and so much more.

Seasoned Gaming - Patrick Shields - 8.5 / 10
I can't get enough of Remnant 2. When I'm not playing, I'm often thinking about new upgrade paths, character builds, and play styles to explore while adventuring through Remnant 2's engaging worlds.

The Outerhaven Productions - 4.5 / 5
Gunfire Games has taken everything it learned with Remnant From the Ashes and expanded on it in such a massive way that I don't think it can top it. But I'm more than happy to see them try. There's something for Remnant junkies, action RPG and Soulslike fans to enjoy, but more importantly, the game screams fun.

Try Hard Guides - Christian Harrison - 6.5 / 10
As much as I wanted to enjoy Remnant 2, I don’t think that a game should be that level of hassle just to get through the first experience it offers. It’s not a bad idea to make boss fights a little harder when more players involved, but your game has to be approachable by players or it will not make a wave among similar titles. Paired with the technical and extreme connectivity issues that we experienced during gameplay, it’s hard to recommend this game to anyone who wants to play without Google open for guides and server status checks.

VideoGamer - Alex Raisbeck - 8 / 10
Remnant 2 successfully evolves on its predecessor, isolating and expanding upon the best aspects to create a cohesive and challenging shooter experience, supplemented by stunningly designed environments and a unique story system. A cooperative game at heart, its single-player campaign takes a hit, but never enough to substantially detract from the game’s successes.

WhatIfGaming - Ali Hashmi - 9 / 10
Remnant 2 is one of the best co-op experiences you can have right now, and it improves on the original in every single way. Its satisfying mix of melee and ranged combat, memorable boss fights full of creativity, tons of enemy variety scattered in each biome and excellent presentation make it Gunfire Games' best title to date.

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 7.6 / 10
Remnant II tickles greatness but falls short due to a few design choices. It is gorgeous, plays incredibly well, and should be one of the year’s best releases. I’m not sure if my issues with the game can be easily patched out, but I hope the devs at Gunfire Games give this one the same love the first game received over time.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I am not going to able to resist the hype. If I get this I’m gonna have to pass on armored core….