Report: Indiana Jones and the Great Circle launches this December, Avowed in November

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Report: Indiana Jones and the Great Circle launches this December, Avowed in November​

And Starfield's Shattered Space expansion could arrive in September.​

Yesterday it was announced that Xbox would be holding its mega games summer showcase on the 9th of June. While we're all expecting Call of Duty news to follow the regular showcase, what is going to be packed in that initial show remains largely unknown.

However, a new report from The Verge's Tom Warren might indicate some release windows we'll see announced at this showcase. Namely, Warren expects that Indiana Jones and the Great Circle will see a December launch date, with Avowed getting a November one.

We already know Avowed is set for Autumn/Fall this year, and Indiana Jones and the Great Circle is slated for some time in 2024. Starfield's Shattered Space expansion is also meant to launch this Autumn, and we could see it in September. Of course, these aren't officially confirmed, so take them with your prescribed pinch of salt.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Avowed looks like crap to me but I am interested in Indiana Jones. I hope they tie in 1st and 3rd person well together. That's one thing that concerns me.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if Avowed is not a full priced game. Also, wouldn't Indiana Jones miss the cut off date for nominations at the Game Awards if the game does release in December?

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Avowed looks like crap to me but I am interested in Indiana Jones. I hope they tie in 1st and 3rd person well together. That's one thing that concerns me.
It looked suspicious when they showed it, sure. I hope whatever they did since then helped it and improved it, otherwise, it will be a big disappointment.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Indiana looks like garbage imo. Those animations were horrendous.
I trust in Machine Games from a gameplay perspective - but agree those did look janky (at least at the time of the 1st real video). I bet it will look better on the 9th.

I more worry about how the series (the movies) have evolved storywise - from campy humor moments + and near continual action, to mild nostalgia & occaisional moments of action with a bit of colonialization apology, and far less “tomb raiding.” I hope the SBI influence dosent make the game take the same course as the movies did.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I did too. I saw an Independant game (that I am now following) that gave me hope, Holstin, which does an ineresting switch between the 1st and 3rd person that looks like it coud be realy cool. But I think it could be jarring during faster paced moments like shown on the trailer.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
December is a shit month to release game

It wont be eligible to participate on GOTY nominations that year

And by the time its available to be GOTY nomine next year everyone wouldve forgotten about that game

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Indy looked very half-done graphicly, but they could improve that easily enough. Avowed looked fine. Probably won't be picking up either, might get Indy in a steam sale years from now.