Report: Persona 6 has been in development since 2019. Theme colour will be green

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Extremely reliable Atlus/SEGA Leaker reporta that Persona 6 has been in development since 2019, the colour is green

It's likely the game will be announced this year

24 Jun 2022
I have very little anticipation for this game considering how it seems Atlus have been treating PlayStation & Nintendo gamers of the IP as paypigs, and how they just tend to purposefully release incomplete editions early on to milk the game with extra content that should've been in the vanilla release at launch.

It's like Capcom's constant SF2 updates back in the 16-bit era, but worst.

Reactions: Shadow2027 and Box

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Green Lover GIF by Taylor Swift

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Right now P3R, P4G and P5R are all very similar experiences, I feel like the franchise needs to reinvent itself again, even a good formula has it's limits.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I'll be there, but i'm not as gassed for Persona as much as was in 2017. More interested in Metaphor.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I'll be there, but i'm not as gassed for Persona as much as was in 2017. More interested in Metaphor.

Same.

We heard Metaphor is the main team from P5 whereas P6 is being done by the younger P3remake team. Far more interested in Metaphor from that news alone.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Same.

We heard Metaphor is the main team from P5 whereas P6 is being done by the younger P3remake team. Far more interested in Metaphor from that news alone.
I genuinely believe this series hit so much due to my age. I was in high school for P4, freshmen year of college for P5. I'm sorry but playing a bunch of high school students to beat the big bad adults is mad corny to me now. I hope at the very least P6 is in a university setting.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I genuinely believe this series hit so much due to my age. I was in high school for P4, freshmen year of college for P5. I'm sorry but playing a bunch of high school students to beat the big bad adults is mad corny to me now. I hope at the very least P6 is in a university setting.
I think the first Persona game you play hits regardless of your age, but the last 3 main games are very similar so it sort of gets old despite the high quality of the series.

I think them setting it in adult life would open the door for more interesting story telling. Catherine was sample for something like that.

Reactions: Luffy123
24 Jun 2022
I think the first Persona game you play hits regardless of your age, but the last 3 main games are very similar so it sort of gets old despite the high quality of the series.

I think them setting it in adult life would open the door for more interesting story telling. Catherine was sample for something like that.

Persona 2 IS & EP are still great for having an adult (college-age) cast. Lots of great storytelling opportunities with that setting which haven't been milked almost to death like the high school tropes.

It's interesting, how both Persona and Final Fantasy could benefit from creative change switch-ups and some adjustments to their business strategies. Meanwhile I think at this point Sony should just really push their own in-house JRPG again like they did in the PS1 & PS2 eras.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Nah i still enjoy persona games even as a adult. Also the same leaker said their will be a high school cast for persona 6.