Report: Sony’s Firesprte Dark Horror Game to Be From an Established IP, Potentially Releasing on PC Day One

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This article is kinda pointless in the end. At this stage expect almost every PS game to have a PC port ... But I hope this game will be good.

I can totally see them doing day and date on PC because with Jim Ryan gone there's no-one to stop Hermen anymore.

Totoki doesn't give a shit as long as budgets go down and he can get bigger bonuses

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Is LEGO Horizon a live service game?

That is Day 1 on PC (and Switch!).

At this point it's just better to accept (that doesn't mean "personally approve") that SIE will shift along the slippery slope with more and more Day 1 releases that are non-GAAS, non-remakes and non-"small" games. No use really playing the denial game anymore.
LEGO is a 3rd-party multi platform franchise.

Why do you guys gives apple to orange examples?

Still there is no new or sequel games from Sony first-party output releasing day 1 on PC with exceptions of Live Services games.
There are re releases of old games for PS5/PC that you guys uses as examples that makes no sense.

Even the head of PS said few months ago that except for live services they are doing day one releases for PC.

BTW that is the strategy we are point here since the first PC game was announced but you guys don't believe it and start to create narrative... and here we are 4 years late with the same strategy.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Still there is no new or sequel games from Sony first-party output releasing day 1 on PC with exceptions of Live Services games.
There are re releases of old games for PS5/PC that you guys uses as examples that makes no sense.

Even the head of PS said few months ago that except for live services they are doing day one releases for PC.

BTW that is the strategy we are point here since the first PC game was announced but you guys don't believe it and start to create narrative... and here we are 4 years late with the same strategy.

Imagine trusting the most useless PlayStation exec in history. The guy will be the demise of this brand along with the Ceo's of Sony...

24 Jun 2022

What does it matter if SIE define the scope of "no Day 1" to narrative-focused single-player AAA games....when they don't make that many of those in the first place?

Going forward we might be lucky to see them release a single such game a year, meanwhile the rest of the schedule could be filled with your MLBs, LEGO Horizons, Concords or Helldivers 2s...AKA games that easily qualify for Day 1 on PC :/

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What does it matter if SIE define the scope of "no Day 1" to narrative-focused single-player AAA games....when they don't make that many of those in the first place?

Going forward we might be lucky to see them release a single such game a year, meanwhile the rest of the schedule could be filled with your MLBs, LEGO Horizons, Concords or Helldivers 2s...AKA games that easily qualify for Day 1 on PC :/
I have no ideia what you are even trying to say…

Sony doesn’t make many AAA single-player games? WTF?

24 Jun 2022
I have no ideia what you are even trying to say…

Sony doesn’t make many AAA single-player games? WTF?

What I'm saying is that the amount they make is decreasing, because those games take longer, have increasing budgets, and require more people to work on them. And SIE's plan to make up for that has been to put out more GAAS titles.

Last year Spiderman 3 released; this year there are no 1P AAA single-player narrative-driven games from SIE. Next year could be similar, at least to April. I'm speaking of internally-developed games, because that's what Herman was referring to when he said 1P games continuing to launch exclusively on the console.

So, what do you think happens when the number of those types of games decreases over time while the number of games that don't fit that description (thus become viable for Day 1 on multiple platforms) increases? That's what I'm saying.

Reactions: arvfab

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What I'm saying is that the amount they make is decreasing, because those games take longer, have increasing budgets, and require more people to work on them. And SIE's plan to make up for that has been to put out more GAAS titles.

Last year Spiderman 3 released; this year there are no 1P AAA single-player narrative-driven games from SIE. Next year could be similar, at least to April. I'm speaking of internally-developed games, because that's what Herman was referring to when he said 1P games continuing to launch exclusively on the console.

So, what do you think happens when the number of those types of games decreases over time while the number of games that don't fit that description (thus become viable for Day 1 on multiple platforms) increases? That's what I'm saying.
Is it?

Maybe remember it in another way but most exclusives games released in previous generations were not 1st-party.
Sony always focused in 3-4 first-party games per year.

If you asking me what is missing? Maybe one late 2024 first-party release.... even so Sony sometimes miss Oct-Dec (to avoid the big multiplatform hits) to release games in Jan-Feb.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yep, its Until Dawn 2, and will be day 1 on PC just like the Until Dawn 1 remake.