Report: Stellar Blade already sold 1 million copies in the first 24 hours

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Stellar Blade is on track to sell 1 million copies in 24 hours, according to the latest reports compiled by Sportskeeda. If true, this would be huge for Shift Up as the PS5 exclusive is the South Korean studio's first-ever AAA project to date. Now it's already looking set to establish some astonishing sales figures for publisher Sony.

industry insider @Zuby_Tech recently shared some interesting details on Stellar Blade's potential sales figures at launch. The insider suggested that Shift Up's action-adventure, hack and slash game will easily hit 1 million sold units in just 24 hours.

This outcome was sort of foreshadowed by many gaming enthusiasts given the extreme hype and accelerating buzz around this title. Not to mention the demo only solidified its potential in terms of being a smash hit upon its global release.

GMHaibgW4AA22iH

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It was top 1 with preorders in all the Amazon and PSN stores main countries that I did check. And it should be top 1 in top seller in all these countries.

So I assume it is pretty likely that it sold over a million during launch day. Or it not, over the weekend. Pretty likely will sell more only on its first week or so than what every single Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden game sold in their entire lifetime.

If over time it sells over 3M (I'm pretty sure it will, and pretty likely on its first month or even week) it will have also outsold every single DMC game outside DMCV (this is the exception, it sold 7.8M until now). As a reference, Nier Automata sold 8M as of February.

I estimate that over time Stellar Blade will end selling somewhere in the 5-10M range. If it achieves >9M Sony will now have the two best selling hack & slash IPs.

Last edited:

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Wasn't this posted before?

It's a great achievement, I'm sure it will sell many millions of units.

Reactions: PlacidusaX

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Come on man… post the link. I’m trying to find the source for the estimate and … nothing. Give the source some credit FFS instead of this low effort rss feed posting style

Reactions: PlacidusaX

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Come on man… post the link. I’m trying to find the source for the estimate and … nothing. Give the source some credit FFS instead of this low effort rss feed posting style
That dude isn't actually an insider afaik

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Awesome, I was flying the last few days so gonna buy it tomorrow when I get home

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I don’t think this info is reliable, but I sure hope the game is successful. I’m having such a good time with it.