Resident Evil 2 Remake has reached over 13.9M units sold and is currently the highest selling game in the RE series

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
If you combine all the SKUs, Resident Evil 5 is still the best selling title.
I imagine that RE2R will get there eventually as it continues to go further and further and further into deep discount.

Reactions: Diah

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
To this day I don't understand why they decided to drop the ball with the RE3make...

Same. It's a fun game, but cutting out locations and the way Nemesis was handled were very disappointing for me. If they had given it the same amount of attention as their other remakes, it would have made fans happy and attracted new players too.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Open worlds are good for some games like Horizon / GOT / Death Stranding

But I do miss games like The Lost Legacy in length and how tight packed it is. Ratchet Rift Apart is another case.

I dunno why they think bigger is better when honestly games that are too big and too long eventually feel like chores to a lot of people.

We also don't need 15+ writers for one game like Spiderman 2
Lol at the 15+ writers. Then they complain about development costs.
I said this long time ago, development cost and length is directly related to the overblown openworlds, 1000000 collectables, save my wife/dad/ mom sidequests as well as the 2-3 hour walky talky chapters.

They stopped making RE2/4, Uncharted, MGS1-4, Dead Space, Bioshock type of games and went after AssCreed and GTA. Budgets are sky high.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Congrats to RE series and Capcom, but I hope Capcom is keeping their eyes on games like "Crow Country," "Tormented Souls" and "Remothered".
Those games are still in the classic vein of Survival-Horror and did good-great sales and reception wise.

Reactions: Diah

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Resident Evil 5 is still the best selling game in the franchise but once R4esident Evil 2 remake hits MAC OS and iphone it will most likely take it over pretty soon.

Also don't forget Resident Evil 8 Village hit the 10 million mark faster than Resident Evil 2 remake and Resident Evil 4 remake might even hit 10 million faster than that.

• Surprised
Reactions: Vertigo

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I’m a fan of RE and even I barely care about 2 and 3 remakes. RE4 remake is way better as a stand-alone game if I were to recommend any.
I own RE 2 & 4 Remakes. I did finish RE4 Remake. I never played RE3 remake but I see it's on PS+ maybe I should give it a go as well.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I own RE 2 & 4 Remakes. I did finish RE4 Remake. I never played RE3 remake but I see it's on PS+ maybe I should give it a go as well.
If you're looking at it as a standalone game, it's good. Compared to the original, it's crap. But it's still a fun game but one you'll finish in about 4 hours on your first playthrough. It's on Plus, so might as well try it.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar