Resident Evil 4 has sold over seven million copies!

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
That game sold like under 3 million on all systems it releases on combined. There is like a 99% chance it doesn't get a remake but if it some how did expected it to be rushed and cut out like 70% of the game
Eh

Dont really care man

The resident evil fanbase now are much bigger the new remake will fare much better than the old one

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Code Veronica Sales

image.png

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Eh

Dont really care man

The resident evil fanbase now are much bigger the new remake will fare much better than the old one
But do you really think the fanbase would buy a non numbered game? When RE8 launched RE7's numbers went up. When RE4 remake launched, RE2 and RE3 remakes got a sales boost as well. Expecting something like Code Veronica to do well is a bit of a reach when it didn't sell well back in the day and while it probably would sell better today, I don't think it would even do as well as Resident Evil 3 remake. Do you really think Capcom is gonna turn down a remake of RE5 or a Remake of RE1/0 that have way higher sales potential just for a Code Veronica Remake? Heck we don't know for sure if another remake will happen as Resident Evil 9 could have a crazy budget and I'm sure stuff like Monster Hunter will also eat into Capcom's limited resources.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
But do you really think the fanbase would buy a non numbered game?
Yes

Like...the have plenty of time and games to be remaked...why should rushed it all..

And....

Who the fuck cares about x amount of sales of a game is...

Missed the day people here like about games being remaked instead of acting like financial analyst...

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Yes

Like...the have plenty of time and games to be remaked...why should rushed it all..

And....

Missed the day people here like about games being remaked instead of acting like financial analyst...
Well Capcom sure does as it keeps the lights on and helps them make more games.
But if you don't care about sales why are you on a thread about Resident Evil 4 remake selling 7 Million?
But if sales aren't the thing to talk about here, there are other controversies on why Code Veronica will most likely not be remade or at least not be remade anything like the original. How do you do a character Alfred in 2024?

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Well Capcom sure does as it keeps the lights on and helps them make more games.
But if you don't care about sales why are you on a thread about Resident Evil 4 remake selling 7 Million?
But if sales aren't the thing to talk about here, there are other controversies on why Code Veronica will most likely not be remade or at least not be remade anything like the original. How do you do a character Alfred in 2024?
Cos code veronica is the only resident evil i havent play

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yes

And....

Ppl are about sales (and I'm sure you've heard this million times before) because of a remake, sequel, etc sell well there is a high probability that either another remake or sequel they want in tht series will follow. Last thing you want is a franchise you love to flounder in sales and end up like "Resistance or Kill zone" rip, two franchises I love!

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Ppl are about sales (and I'm sure you've heard this million times before) because of a remake, sequel, etc sell well there is a high probability that either another remake or sequel they want in tht series will follow. Last thing you want is a franchise you love to flounder in sales and end up like "Resistance or Kill zone" rip, two franchises I love!
Its the 20 year anniversary of Killzone in Novemeber and the 30th Anniversary of PlayStation in December. Hopefully there is some truth to these PlayStation remasters and remakes to celebrate the history of PlayStation. Killzone Trilogy in PSVR 2 would be great this year

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Its the 20 year anniversary of Killzone in Novemeber and the 30th Anniversary of PlayStation in December. Hopefully there is some truth to these PlayStation remasters and remakes to celebrate the history of PlayStation. Killzone Trilogy in PSVR 2 would be great this year
Man I love Killzone! and Resistance. I would be very happy.

Reactions: RE4-Station