Resident Evil 4 Remake devs were convinced it would be delayed because of tech issues: "I've never seen bugs like this"

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

NHK World Japan produces a documentary series called '100 Cameras,' where, as the title suggests, 100 cameras are positioned to tell the story that unfolds in front of them. In the latest release in the series, called 'Game Developer,' Capcom's studio in Osaka, Japan, is the focus of the cameras, as the final month leading up to the launch of Resident Evil 4 Remake is explored.

Simply put, Capcom's remake is not in a good state. We can see director Yasuhiro Anpo encounter a litany of bugs in his playthrough of Resident Evil 4 Remake, for example, including the screen freezing at numerous points, protagonist Leon falling through the map, and other visual bugs taking place, such as Leon and Luis's hands not properly connecting in one scene.

At one point, a fellow developer reveals they uncovered about 70 bugs in just one day of playtesting. "At this rate, we won't make the release," Anpo exclaims. Other developers uncover a raft of other bugs, including a puddle inexplicably flashing, and items vanishing. One developer even just pretends that a bug isn't there and marks it as fixed.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
One developer even just pretends that a bug isn't there and marks it as fixed.
That happens way more than I wished.

Last week I reported a bug to your parter and their replies yesterday they will close the service request because it was not a bug but a how to.

I mean it was cleary a product bug and even the parter implementation guy asked me to open the SR but their developer pretended it was not there lol

Well I contact high position guys and now they changed the analysis and accepted it is a bug in the product.

PS. When I say their product in gaming terms it should be the Unreal Engine… so I found a bug in the Tools I use to developer the software to our customers like a game developer using the UE and reporting the bug to Epic.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That happens way more than I wished.

Last week I reported a bug to your parter and their replies yesterday they will close the service request because it was not a bug but a how to.

I mean it was cleary a product bug and even the parter implementation guy asked me to open the SR but their developer pretended it was not there lol

Well I contact high position guys and now they changed the analysis and accepted it is a bug in the product.

PS. When I say their product in gaming terms it should be the Unreal Engine… so I found a bug in the Tools I use to developer the software to our customers like a game developer using the UE and reporting the bug to Epic.
Hmmm I'm glad they found them I found no bugs when I played it in VR.

Reactions: ethomaz