Rift Apart PC requirements

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Recouping the money is hardly what they should be concerned about. That's a really low bar, specially considering that they have delayed future project and damaged their brand and IPs because of this stuff.

Massive failure.
I don't think ND's TLOU does that much damage. TLOU movie show is great, TLOU remake is top sale on PS5. If anything, TLOU2 does more damage than the PC port because of its mixed reception.

I think they gonna look at the number and decide what to do for Phase 2, so don't stretch it too much.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't think ND's TLOU does that much damage. TLOU movie show is great, TLOU remake is top sale on PS5. If anything, TLOU2 does more damage than the PC port because of its mixed reception.

I think they gonna look at the number and decide what to do for Phase 2, so don't stretch it too much.
Botched port and all the time and manpower wasted on porting and fixing the game on PC. That's enough damage as far as I'm concerned. I known multiple people that bought a PS3 because of TLoU on PC is was complete dud, the audience just isn't the (on Steam, it was actually pretty popular for pirates like pretty much every other Sony game).

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's so fucking cool that The Last of Us is a handheld game. Can't wait for Rift Apart.

PXL-20230713-140133979-2.jpg

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yea but PC gaming are still somewhat expensive so I think they try to recoup some money for development.

The gen so far is great so I don't think they have damaged anything though. Most likely they will stop porting their shit after phase 2 and wait for next gen.

On early note a lot of PC players are somewhat entitled and they even refused to buy a PC for Bloodborne so their is market for that. Most people woukd still play on PS early though, day one sale are important.
They recoup their costs from the games sales and then some....GOW Ragnarok cost ~200m to make, and made ~700m revenue in less than 3 months. Meanwhile on PC, 6 ports combined were only able to produce 250m in revenue (not even profit, they give Valve a 30% cut). That barely covers the development cost of 1 game lmao.

Reactions: MScarpa

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They recoup their costs from the games sales and then some....GOW Ragnarok cost ~200m to make, and made ~700m revenue in less than 3 months. Meanwhile on PC, 6 ports combined were only able to produce 250m in revenue (not even profit, they give Valve a 30% cut). That barely covers the development cost of 1 game lmao.

Now list the development costs of a PC port. It's peanuts. Sony made more on PC ports than it cost to buy Insomniac.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

94 Metacritic, the most awarded game in history (prior to Elden Ring), and 10m+ sales did damage to Naughty Dog ? How ?? Just cuz a few trolls on twitter and youtube didn't like the game, that doesn't mean anything in the real world. The PC port had a 54, the first ND game to ever score below 80, on top of selling terribly on PC, and ridiculed throughout all of gaming media (rightfully so).

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The real damage is not having Part 2 on PC in time for the season 1 finale when lots of people want to see what happens next.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Now list the development costs of a PC port. It's peanuts. Sony made more on PC ports than it cost to buy Insomniac.
No, they didn't. 250m is revenue, not profit, and a good chunk of that is from Destiny 2. You can call it peanuts all you want, but there's a such thing as opportunity cost which I'd bet is far more than 250m revenue.
The real damage is not having Part 2 on PC in time for the season 1 finale when lots of people want to see what happens next.
"lots of people" lol 340k people bought the game on PC, I would hardly call that a lot, especially for one of the biggest and most loved IPs in gaming. That had an entire blockbuster TV show as its marketing push....

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
No, they didn't. 250m is revenue, not profit, and a good chunk of that is from Destiny 2. You can call it peanuts all you want, but there's a such thing as opportunity cost which I'd bet is far more than 250m revenue.

"lots of people" lol 340k people bought the game on PC, I would hardly call that a lot, especially for one of the biggest and most loved IPs in gaming. That had an entire blockbuster TV show as its marketing push....
Yeah they missed the peak excitement window. PS games should come to PC on day 1 for maximum impact.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Game needing an SSD to run at 4k 30fps with RT or 1440p 60fps with RT is not the same as game needing an SSD to run at 720p 30fps without RT.

The game settings that more closely match the PS5 require an SSD and very decent specs.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Game needing an SSD to run at 4k 30fps with RT or 1440p 60fps with RT is not the same as game needing an SSD to run at 720p 30fps without RT.

The game settings that more closely match the PS5 require an SSD and very decent specs.
To be fair I'm pretty some of these people were expecting ps5 settings eith HDD. It didn't pan out. Now they cling on 720p30fps without mentioning.

I will be interested to see people's attempts to run this at 4k60fps with an HDD
Yeah. I'm pretty sure digital foundry will brake down. I personally don't expect the same ps5 quality assets streaming on hdd. But well see

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Destiny 2 sales making up most of their PC revenue while their ports continue to flop is hilarious to me. I predict the same outcome for their future live service PC titles.