Rockstar developers have commented on the trailer leak: "It fucking sucks"

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Rockstar was due to premiere its GTA 6 trailer on Tuesday. However, on Monday an anonymous X (formerly Twitter) account forced its hand by uploading a low-res and heavily watermarked version of the reveal video early.

Shortly after the leak, Rockstar published an official version of the trailer, writing:

“Our trailer has leaked so please watch the real thing on YouTube.”

Senior gameplay animator Javier Altman wrote on X (formerly Twitter) that the early publication of the much-anticipated reveal video had robbed them of plans to watch the live reaction with the rest of the development team.

“This fucking sucks,”

they wrote.

“I was hoping to watch this for the first time tomorrow along with my fellow teammates and coworkers. I feel we deserved that moment.”

Altman added:

“I’m so proud of what we are making. Enjoy the trailer, everyone.”

An hour after the GTA 6 trailer was officially published by Rockstar, the animator added:

“Literally crying tears of joy right now at the response everyone is having. I can’t believe I get to be a part of this.”

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Suck when a team dont get what they deserve.
Then again we live in a society where we aint too fair to others, and r* of all should know not to announce the trailer of a trailer.
Maybe next time.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I thought the trailer was supposed to be premiered later so I was like WHAT THE FK ARE THEY KIDDING ME 🤣 .

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I get it sucks but let’s not act like you’re working on the cure for acne or something. It’s a violent and explicit video game. Ultimately, who gives a shit? Devs pretend they’re working on a new edition of the Bible and it’s not that serious.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Yeah that definitely made a bunch of people not watch the actual trailer right

who gives a shit

Reactions: Zzero

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I get it sucks but let’s not act like you’re working on the cure for acne or something. It’s a violent and explicit video game. Ultimately, who gives a shit? Devs pretend they’re working on a new edition of the Bible and it’s not that serious.
When you put it that way, they indeed making a new edition of the video games Bible for the next ten years LMFAO 🤣.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: BroodCorp

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Here's a thought for the Rockstar staff disappointed by the leaks:

A steady stream of information about a game in development reduces the hunger for leaks. If you let out a little bit here and there, people will be more patient for official information releases.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I can certainly agree that unauthorized leaks of, like, beta assets or in-development gameplay sucks. But a ten hour early leak of a trailer benefits literally everyone on earth except reaction streamers (who can go choke on a pile of dicks) and is thus an unequivocal good for all humanity.