Rocksteady disrespect the memory of Kevin Conroy with their terrible ending to new game. (Spoilers)

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I have no idea why this is canon to Arkham.

A simple tweak by removing it, and it’s just a fun what if story. As the Arkham ending, it’s a serious bummer and just confusing.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I have no idea why this is canon to Arkham.

A simple tweak by removing it, and it’s just a fun what if story. As the Arkham ending, it’s a serious bummer and just confusing.

Exactly, they could have killed a number of the Justice League but Batman is so beloved in gaming after the Arkham series and after Kevin Conroy's passing... Just doesn't sit right.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Wow, so lame, I at least was expecting something cool or impact full for them to decide to go in this direction.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
Ah, yes, because the folks at Rocksteady all have crystal balls and knew Conroy would die, they decided to do it intentionally to spit on him.

Get a grip, the lot of you.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Ah, yes, because the folks at Rocksteady all have crystal balls and knew Conroy would die, they decided to do it intentionally to spit on him.

It's a stupid idea for an ending anyway. Like the posted quoted in the OP.

I don't know who this garbage is meant for?

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
In shadows deep,
illusions play,
A mask conceals,
leads minds astray.
What hides beneath a surface gleams,
A puzzling truth, not all it seems.

Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
everything about this game is a bad idea…

Legit want to see this shit fail gloriously. I expect less than 5 million and to do worse than both Anthem and Avengers.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Personally, I think that decision is the right decision because with Conroy gone, you would have to get a replacement voice actor for Batman so killing him off in his final appearance is the better decision because his legacy as Batman stays cemented where as having someone else down the line play that role would be worse in my opinion.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Suicide Squad is such a shit cast of characters anyway. Like they could beat the Justice League…
DC and the developers using there IPS should focus on solo games and movies. You cant be Marvel, simple as.

Make use of those great non super hero IPs too like Ronin and Swamp thing. Not shitty sharkman…

Arc

5 Sep 2023

Not even about Conroy. Why make this the ending of the Arkham-verse? That’s a whole lot of player investment and love to just… end like this.

Thankfully, nobody has to give a shit, as canon starts and ends where the user wants, but I’m surprised at Rocksteady.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Not even about Conroy. Why make this the ending of the Arkham-verse? That’s a whole lot of player investment and love to just… end like this.

Thankfully, nobody has to give a shit, as canon starts and ends where the user wants, but I’m surprised at Rocksteady.
Damn its a cannon ending to the Arkham games? That is really lame of them

Reactions: Arc

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
When this studio inevitably closes, all the writers and producers that made this happen should be black listed in the industry for this abomination. I guarantee sweet baby inc, and companies like it, had something to do with it as well. Im not even an Arkham game sort of gamer but even I’m incensed by what I’m seeing.

“Hurr durr kill the justice league is in the title.” Yes I’m aware. No one was asking to kill the justice league though.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

AuraCuba

28 Apr 2023
Are we 1000% sure this is the ending to the game? Keep in mind, TLOU2 was slanders for it's leaked 'ending' which didn't turn out to be the ending for the game at all.

Reactions: Jim Ryan