Rumor: PlayStation Online Co-Op Game Set In Fantasy London Coming To PC Day One

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

PlayStation is making a massive live service push for the next few years of the gaming industry. Among the studios working on live service titles, PlayStation London Studio announced a brand-new game in 2022.

While not much is known about the title, the developer confirmed a fantasy London setting with a focus on co-op gameplay. A new job listing reveals more details about gameplay mechanics and hints at a Day One release for the game on the PC platform.

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
I read the article and nothing says its coming to pc day one (even though its most likely going to happen because its a live service game) it just asks for if the person has experience working on pc which is a no brainer since this is also going to be released on pc just as the other live service games are.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I read the article and nothing says its coming to pc day one (even though its most likely going to happen because its a live service game) it just asks for if the person has experience working on pc which is a no brainer since this is also going to be released on pc just as the other live service games are.
Maybe not but we've had many articles in the past alluding to the Live Service Gaas games also going to PC Day one but not the other exclusive Sony games.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I would love a GTA Online type game with more directed heist missions (thinking Splinter Cell coop), and high quality third person controls. Sorry but imo Rockstar's basic gameplay feel nearly ruins their games. A GTA/RDR Online that felt at least as good as Days Gone would be among my most played games. Maybe London Studio can do that with The Getaway.

Smart thinking launching with PC.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Live service games were bound to launch close or on the same day as PS.

However I do think they should give PS5 owners early access and exclusive items etc.

Many people like Destin HAD to play Destiny on PlayStation to get certain items etc back when it had exclusives and it was a real winner. Nothing better than forcing brand loyalists like Destin to play on PlayStation.

D

Deleted member 223

Doesn't really matter how it's dressed optics wise. If you understand the underlying policy position no amount of optics is going to change the fundamental decision. In other words, no amount of cope will soothe the fact that PS gamers and PC gamers will be placed in the same totem pole with PS gamers footing the majority of the bill while also getting used as whales to build the capacity to even do this. Just a corp with a love for money above anything else doing what corps do. Gamers should, opportunity arising, treat PlayStation "loyalty" wise the same. They're not loyal to you and you should definitely not be, as a consumer, loyal to them. Problem with fanaticism is that fans like to live in the illusion world that maybe this or that corp is different because of an irrational love for a hobby. I support above all a model of doing business that has made gaming what it's - the traditional console model, both for hardware and software distribution. Don't matter to me so much which company carries the legacy of it and practices it with its platform - insert x. Just so happens PlayStation is, at this current time, the most well rounded practitioner of this model in this regard. Nintendo refuses, for reasons that have 100% to do with their bottomline, to get up to date and at the cutting, industry-forward edge. Meanwhile MS Xbox is a trojan horse that seeks to completely disrupt this model and shift the market into something completely different where they control everything and sit at the top - naturally they're last. The oligopoly does need more competition, clearly. However, not all competition is good competition, specially market model disrupting competition (say cloud for example, a qualitative lesser of the current traditional console model).

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The PC version should blow up people's PCs a month after installing the game to lower the amount of PCs out in the market and punish people for buying PC games.

Just... Why? If there's a kind of PS game that should be on PC day one it's the live service kind

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Live service games were bound to launch close or on the same day as PS.

However I do think they should give PS5 owners early access and exclusive items etc.

Many people like Destin HAD to play Destiny on PlayStation to get certain items etc back when it had exclusives and it was a real winner. Nothing better than forcing brand loyalists like Destin to play on PlayStation.
True.
Its the only type of games Id accept day 1 on PC because:

A.) More players. Better chance for the game to survive and make money for PS
B.) Wont get as much hate because its not purely exclusive, so the game will get more of a chance to survive lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
True.

B.) Wont get as much hate because its not purely exclusive, so the game will get more of a chance to survive lol
B) is a fake concern, A) is enough in itself.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Doesn't really matter how it's dressed optics wise. If you understand the underlying policy position no amount of optics is going to change the fundamental decision. In other words, no amount of cope will soothe the fact that PS gamers and PC gamers will be placed in the same totem pole with PS gamers footing the majority of the bill while also getting used as whales to build the capacity to even do this. Just a corp with a love for money above anything else doing what corps do. Gamers should, opportunity arising, treat PlayStation "loyalty" wise the same. They're not loyal to you and you should definitely not be, as a consumer, loyal to them. Problem with fanaticism is that fans like to live in the illusion world that maybe this or that corp is different because of an irrational love for a hobby. I support above all a model of doing business that has made gaming what it's - the traditional console model, both for hardware and software distribution. Don't matter to me so much which company carries the legacy of it and practices it with its platform - insert x. Just so happens PlayStation is, at this current time, the most well rounded practitioner of this model in this regard. Nintendo refuses, for reasons that have 100% to do with their bottomline, to get up to date and at the cutting, industry-forward edge. Meanwhile MS Xbox is a trojan horse that seeks to completely disrupt this model and shift the market into something completely different where they control everything and sit at the top - naturally they're last. The oligopoly does need more competition, clearly. However, not all competition is good competition, specially market model disrupting competition (say cloud for example, a qualitative lesser of the current traditional console model).

No amount cope will soothe a problem that literally only benefits everyone with no downside.

I hope I can play my hypthetical London Heist Avatar on PS5, laptop, and Steam Deck seamlessly, along with every other game.

Do it one better: buy once get PS5+Steam versions day one for all Playstation Studios games with cross-platform cloud saving.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
B) is a fake concern, A) is enough in itself.
Lol name me one PS exclusive this gen that hasnt had some negative/ “concern” from non PS fans? Apart from Ratchet and Clank they all got hate, from Returnal to God of War Ragnarok, GT7, FF16 etc

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
True.

I'll put it this way: I would gladly accept live service games go day 1 on PS5 and PC IF our single player AAA games could remain exclusive forever. I mean forever ever!

Big Boi Owl GIF by Outkast

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'll put it this way: I would gladly accept live service games go day 1 on PS5 and PC IF our single player AAA games could remain exclusive forever. I mean forever ever!

Big Boi Owl GIF by Outkast
Same.
At least Jim put a stop to Hermans day 1- Year 1 releases on PC, which everyone thought was a matter of time

• they're_right_you_know

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It’s a GAAS game, literally no one cares if it’s multiplat.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hoping this game will be a success for the studio. Very talented studio, who made one of my fave VR games..all the best to them.

I don't get the issue with GaaS going PC day and date. Do you guys care more about ecosystem exclusivity over a healthy Playstation studios?

I just HOPE Hermen and Playstation in general are equipping these studios with the proper support to have good post launch support. This is the one area i am still uncertain about.

If they are still on good terms with Hello Games, perhaps they can get Sean Murray to share the secret... To sustain content with a small work force.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Same.
At least Jim put a stop to Hermans day 1- Year 1 releases on PC, which everyone thought was a matter of time
Jim saw Uncharted bomb

The PS5 masterpiece Returnal bomb
Sackboy bomb
Miles underperformed
Spiderman wasn't the mega hit

Ratchet will bomb

Sales target missed...

He def had to wonder wtf was happening.