Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5 Port Also Dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
Following reports from multiple reliable sources that Rockstar Games has canned Red Dead Redemption 1 and GTA 4 remasters, another report has emerged claiming that the developer also cancelled plans for Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5 and Xbox Series X/S ports. This update comes from the same insider, Tez2, who originally revealed that Rockstar dropped the aforementioned remasters after Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition's poor reception – a claim that was later corroborated by other outlets as well.

so they cheaped out with the GTA3 ports, and instead of doing a better job with the other ports/remasters they decided not to do it at all, good job R* you cheap ass stupid idiots,

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

so they cheaped out with the GTA3 ports, and instead of doing a better job with the other ports/remasters they decided not to do it at all, good job R* you cheap ass stupid idiots,
I would settle for a patch to increase res and set max framerate to 60fps. But knowing Rockstar they won't even do that! 🥺

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh I know someone who will be very VERY angry about this... massively disappointed at the very least....

What an absolute shame.

Do we know when the Witcher 3 update is due?

• haha
Reactions: Cragarmi

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just imagine RDR 1 remake + RDR 2 remastered + the rumored Mexico map, all in one bundle.

Damn.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Just imagine RDR 1 remake + RDR 2 remastered + the rumored Mexico map, all in one bundle.

Damn.

I honestly want that and feel it's a lot more necessary than TLOU Remake.... but two different companies at the end of the day.

I'm still gonna get TLOU Remake , it's gonna be awesome.

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
When you thought Rockstar couldn't cock this up any more than that, they actually can. Unfortunately RDR 2 is not the cash cow that GTA V is, a game played by all the 14 year-olds in the world.

Shark Cash Cards, anyone?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I honestly want that and feel it's a lot more necessary than TLOU Remake.... but two different companies at the end of the day.

I'm still gonna get TLOU Remake , it's gonna be awesome.

I think it's as needed as.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I would rather replay it on ps5 than to f around with rockstar launcher... I made a mistake getting gta 5 on steam because I forgot it uses R launcher and lol and behold - I had to toy around for good hour to get it running.. turns out it was starting in full screen because launcher was messing with full screen or dx11 or something... I don't really remember.
Then I realized that they fuckers added R launcher to my old 2010 gta 4 steam purchase.... digital future am I right?
And then I got GTA 5 on ps5 when the port came out 2 months ago and it's so much less pain...

I really enjoyed rdr2 when I played it on ps4 slim, back then on a ips monitor, so even replaying it on ps5 and oled now, i would get hdr and much higher resolution. That game don't need 60fps anyway but I bet they just need to run "fps=60" .ini update... but they would not sell that

• brain

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I would rather replay it on ps5 than to f around with rockstar launcher... I made a mistake getting gta 5 on steam because I forgot it uses R launcher and lol and behold - I had to toy around for good hour to get it running.. turns out it was starting in full screen because launcher was messing with full screen or dx11 or something... I don't really remember.
Then I realized that they fuckers added R launcher to my old 2010 gta 4 steam purchase.... digital future am I right?
And then I got GTA 5 on ps5 when the port came out 2 months ago and it's so much less pain...

I really enjoyed rdr2 when I played it on ps4 slim, back then on a ips monitor, so even replaying it on ps5 and oled now, i would get hdr and much higher resolution. That game don't need 60fps anyway but I bet they just need to run "fps=60" .ini update... but they would not sell that

Oh dear, they have their own launcher.....

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I had a bug with GTA 5 on PC that caused DX 12 to randomly not work. For those that don't know, DX 12 allows for some additional graphical fidelity and performance.
I just uninstalled it after nobody being able to fix it.

And Rockstars launcher is so bad it should be considered malware.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Oh dear, they have their own launcher.....
I know I am an ass for hating on the launchers and I might be the last stubborn fool to do so but Christ I hate the launchers.
I've still never installed epic launcher. I try to only use Steam and gog.
I dreaded my time with Origin launcher when friends wanted to play bf 5... But I somehow survived lol

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I know I am an ass for hating on the launchers and I might be the last stubborn fool to do so but Christ I hate the launchers.
I've still never installed epic launcher. I try to only use Steam and gog.
I dreaded my time with Origin launcher when friends wanted to play bf 5... But I somehow survived lol

You better love the PS Launcher!

Or.... God help us.... The InZone Launcher! haha

• haha
Reactions: rofif and Cragarmi

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
You better love the PS Launcher!

Or.... God help us.... The InZone Launcher! haha
Inzone launcher, has a nice ring to it tbh.......lol.

...but yes, man bummer on RDR2 and RDR1. A remake on the old game would have been great and a remaster on part 2 would be great for PS fans after Rockstar botched the checkerboard rendering on the PRO. 4k native with improved visuals would have been nice.

• fire

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
That version exists right now

On PC

lol-laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.