Rumor:Something will happen to the Call of Duty Franchise that will "signify the end of an era"

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
MS trying to weasel out here. Completely destroy the value so they can put it on GP.

Like people here predicted, it'll probably just be multiplayer with DLC. They can claim it's still playable on GP and avoid putting campaigns "for free" on GP to cut cost.
They can also fuck Sony with spliting it. As MP could never be on PS5, just SP and call it a day. Or split it to take all money spend on PS5 to themselves. Possibilities are endless with m$. They are here to fuck all of us and everyone in business.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The next CoD will be developed by a bunch of interns using unreal engine 5 and free assets over a weekend.

Everything will be made during that weekend Story, missions and MP maps, there will be no split screen because of the SS.

The only people who will love it are the paid shills, we will not ear the end of it.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Isn't cod guaranteed multiplatform though? That dlc itself could be put on GP? I think I may have misunderstood your point?
There is no DLC on GP, even old games like Oblivion you get the vanilla version. I think the only exception was Gears Hivebusters because it was standalone DLC.

They could make an exception for COD tho.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Bobby Kotick and his greedy team of suits is getting fired
Hmm I don't know man, Kotick is definitely an asshole for ignoring all the shitshow in his company, but fiscally his management probably one of the besy in the industry, growing to 70B is a hard feat.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
MS trying to weasel out here. Completely destroy the value so they can put it on GP.

Like people here predicted, it'll probably just be multiplayer with DLC. They can claim it's still playable on GP and avoid putting campaigns "for free" on GP to cut cost.
They're putting it on gamepass regardless as soon as the playstation marketing expires the fact is sales are going to tank when it's on gamepass because the only platform they'll have left to sell to will be playstation users (I'm not counting steam as a separate platform it may be a much more popular launcher but only idiots will buy it instead of just using go) & while I'm sure their are still morons that will happily buy it on playstation I'm sure there are plenty of people that won't be buying it yearly at £70 when Xbox users don't have to if they continue to do campaigns they'll still charge for that but the multiplayer is going ftp sooner or later (which it should've done years ago with all the microtransactions & battle pass grinding )