Rumor: Sony leadership feels that Bungie is a failed investment (take with 🧂🧂)

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
Bungie does not support/work with Rise of the Ronin because isn't a Bungie game or a GaaS title.

Sony works with Rise of the Ronin via their Japanese XDEV team (previously known as the 2nd party publishing XDEV team of Japan Studio), which belongs to PS Studios. Same one who handles recent and future Kojima or From Soft games, and now also the Asian but non-Japanese 2nd party games like Stellar Blade.
I didn't say they did.

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
You see this right here is why you do organic growth. It's why you have to work with devs first ,see how they work. Before you buy them.

A lot of these old dusty studios bungee,bethesda
.Are all rotten culture All aligned with Microsoft practices. Which is why they are shit storm companies with issues.

Buying all these old dusty were once great studios aint worth it. ,ruins your money. Sony went against its values & have been burnt hard.This just a L PS has to take. You went and bought takeaway when you had rice at home.Jim Ryan went full Microsoft lazy work and rightly got fired. Sony aint a company to be blowing 4 billion.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Agreed. But at the same time, buying a publisher who is aligned with your quality, can increase the output, and it would be consistent since the company has made games previously.

But organic growth can create amazing things, from Horizon to God of War to Ghost of tsushima. I don't think sony knew that guerilla would create Horizon and with it Decima engine which would also lead to games such as Until Dawn and Death stranding when they acquired them in 2005 after working with them for 5 years.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Agreed. But at the same time, buying a publisher who is aligned with your quality, can increase the output, and it would be consistent since the company has made games previously.

But organic growth can create amazing things, from Horizon to God of War to Ghost of tsushima. I don't think sony knew that guerilla would create Horizon and with it Decima engine which would also lead to games such as Until Dawn and Death stranding when they acquired them in 2005 after working with them for 5 years.
There's room for both but this huge focus on gaas is definitely affecting devs focused just on it.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Yeah, but Bungie (plus the rest of the live service excellence team, let's not split hairs) passed judgement on TLOU Online. What was the quote about the game supposedly being hard to monetize?

Meanwhile, for their supposed expertise, Bungie are having trouble making their own money and stuff. And have their own issues, business/game-wise. They don't seem to be lord and masters of GAAS success, as some think.

Castle Super Beast reaction:

LSM/Colin's reaction (should be timestamped link.to 2hrs 23mins 28secs:

So now we have no Factions MP remake, no TLOU Online forthcoming, Bungie are firing people to make their money in time, but if Bungie don't shape up and make their money they'll be taken-over by SIE and more people will leave (taking their supposed GAAS expertise with them).

A kneejerk reaction-buy to BethesdABK, and Jim Ryan's albatross. Change My View... i dare someone.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Sony can we finaly get solid mp fps whatever fantasy weapons, powers or military?

Destiny mp s one of the worst unbalanced pieces od crap i have ever played. Or something ala cod, battlefield?
Cant stand crap like overwatch.

I swear this s worst gen when it comes to mp shooters. What i would give for killzone .p.

Where s concord sony?

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sony can we finaly get solid mp fps whatever fantasy weapons, powers or military?

Destiny mp s one of the worst unbalanced pieces od crap i have ever played. Or something ala cod, battlefield?
Cant stand crap like overwatch.

I swear this s worst gen when it comes to mp shooters. What i would give for killzone .p.

Where s concord sony?
Killzone yes!