[Rumor] Sony will be holding another PlayStation showcase this year

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's crazy how they managed to put themselves in this situation where the quality of their main show is now marred in doubt.

If they have nothing to show, just don't bother.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If there is.... it needs some single player exclusives, gameplay for Marathon or Concord etc and wayyyy less filler content.

Reactions: Unchained

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
giphy.gif

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It would make sense to have some sort of show around the launch of the rumored new digital SKU with optional drive.

Assuming it costs less to produce, and further move consumers towards digital purchases, they would want to push sells harder for the new SKU.

If rumors are correct and it releases around September, they would have a nice window there for a show, with new Spider-Man 2 gameplay one month before release, maybe even have a bundle ready with a digital code.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Alright thn how was Xbox case bad is good counter thought to how good ps was
Foamstr was my gem, soulclone#45 was nice at first but the vail wore off, 4kSplatoon was good
The PS showcase was shit for me. But these drive by comments are something I see from new accounts all the time and the users never turn out to contribute.

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
The PS showcase was shit for me. But these drive by comments are something I see from new accounts all the time and the users never turn out to contribute.
He's the same guy creating alt account
Just ignore him and Don't waste your time with mentally ill person

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
People need to understand that those amazing e3 Sony shows were under Andrew house and Shawn layden…

Meanwhile Jim Ryan did those simple gamescom shows… with shaking camera, so it shows the difference in philosophy.

Anyway, choices were made. And it’s not the first time I say this : this show was like a gamescon and not e3.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
People need to understand that those amazing e3 Sony shows were under Andrew house and Shawn layden…

Meanwhile Jim Ryan did those simple gamescom shows… with shaking camera, so it shows the difference in philosophy.

Anyway, choices were made. And it’s not the first time I say this : this show was like a gamescon and not e3.
Personally wasn't a fan of Shawn Layden's E3 after Andrew House left, it was such a mess. But Andrew House is desperately missed.

Jim Ryan doesn't understand the concept of fan engagement.

24 Jun 2022
It would make sense to have some sort of show around the launch of the rumored new digital SKU with optional drive.

Assuming it costs less to produce, and further move consumers towards digital purchases, they would want to push sells harder for the new SKU.

If rumors are correct and it releases around September, they would have a nice window there for a show, with new Spider-Man 2 gameplay one month before release, maybe even have a bundle ready with a digital code.

I mean, they'd need more than just additional Spiderman 2 gameplay and new hardware to have a worthwhile Showcase IMHO; some gameplay perhaps from FF VII Rebirth, Persona 6 reveal if possible (or SMT5 port with QoL/feature enhancements & perhaps extra content), a couple new traditional AAA 1P game reveals, a couple new 3P AAA exclusives...that would be the bare minimum for something Showcase-worthy.

If they want to show more gameplay for Fairgame$ and/or Concord, Marathon on top of that, cool. Reveal new PS5 model on top? Sweet. More Spiderman 2 gameplay? Awesome. But that's all on top of what I'd say should be the bare minimum, TBH.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Personally wasn't a fan of Shawn Layden's E3 after Andrew House left, it was such a mess. But Andrew House is desperately missed.

Jim Ryan doesn't understand the concept of fan engagement.
Yeah he does not.
Example:
PlayStation twitter is run by a bot and the Xbox one is run by a 15 year old lol

Reactions: Danja1187