Rumor: The Witcher Sirius is a Japanese take on the series

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
faUH9CO8WZNfCyvQ5WOTGdJRSurfcq1rvVAoLS6LVg4.jpg

A screenshot from 4Chan recently surfaced on Reddit, showing supposedly leaked artwork featuring Geralt of Rivia, armed with a katana and clothed in the garb of a samurai. Along with the Project Sirius title, the image is watermarked with "confidential," along with the name of The Molasses Flood's Lead Environment Artist, Chad King.

According to the details contained within the screenshot, Project Sirius is a one-shot "what if"-style story set in Edo Japan, drawing partly from the 2022 Dark Horse manga The Witcher: Ronin. According to the post, one of the aims of the video game is to "popularize The Witcher, CDPR brand in the east and attract new fans for the series." Neither Molasses Flood or its parent company, CD Projekt Red, have addressed the apparent leak or responded to speculation about a potential Japanese setting in Project Sirius..

In addition, the project will be a single-player game, with earlier plans for a multiplayer component being scrapped. While it is worth reiterating the details of this leak have not been confirmed, a major change concerning the game was seemingly hinted at before it surfaced, with CDPR announcing in a report that Molasses Flood and CDPR are "formulating a new framework for this project." As part of that, the company is establishing an impairment allowance for Project Sirius, which had already incurred expenses of approximately $7.6 million over the last year.

source

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I mean, I like my ancient Japan stuff but Witcher? It's based on Eastern European folklore. I just can't see it in a Japanese setting.