Rumor: Upcoming Perfect Dark is possibly a Remake (from linkedin profile of Principle Technical Animator at The Initiative)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The Initiative's upcoming Perfect Dark game might be a remake of the original, that is if the principle technical director at the studio's LinkedIn profile is to be believed. The LinkedIn profile of Tyler Thornock, The Initiative's principal technical director, mentions Perfect Dark as one of the projects that he's worked on recently. However, rather than just calling it Perfect Dark, Thornock refers to it as "Perfect Dark (remake)".

6RMB0As.png

• brain
Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Probably better than having some outsiders come in and fuck up the setting with a bad sequel.

I mean Rare would certainly never do that to PD...

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If it's a remake it's a complete disaster of a project. I mean, I could see that being the case though. Couldn't get a new product right, so they throw up their hands and have Crystal Dynamics to come in and just remake the first game.

Or maybe they are doing a remake AND a new one, but don't you think they would have said something?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Remake/reboot seems fair game. It’s been long enough to where the brand is irrelevant anyway.

It just needs to be an objective based shooter. They don’t exist anymore and especially not in the mold of goldeneye or pd.

But rumor is it’s a tps? That would be kinda lame.

Reactions: Old Gamer

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Derrrr..Sony makes remakes...derrrr, we can be succesfull too derrrr

Last edited: