Rumor: Wolverine to be further unveiled soon

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

I could totally see this happening at a December 3rd, 30th anniversary PlayStation Showcase. We still haven't seen any 30th Anniversary stuff from Herman Hulst, the co-CEO of SIE. He was completely absent from the State of Play in September.

I could imagine we could see the following

Wolverine
Ghost of Yotei
Death Stranding 2
Marathon
Venom
Current Gen Only - MLB The Show
Fairgames

and even GTA6... if Sony actually has a marketing deal with them. With the exception of Wolverine all of these games are supposed to come out in 2025. With there being no more e3, there is probably a time in which showing these at the same time merits value and I think it may be on the earlier side if you're looking to avoid release dates next to GTA6.

We know most of these games aren't releasing Q12025 (Fairgames could) and they'll probably avoid Q42025. So at least five games (not including MLB) in 6 months (more or less)...

Then there are the obvious games we haven't seen or heard much about

Naughty Dog's game(s)
Cory Barlog's game
Bend Studio
Bluepoint
Media Molecule

OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
My body is ready.

Someone in the thread brought up it could be shown tomorrow with other Marvel games special presentation from 4:45 to 5:15 ET.

If the rumors are true its either

a) this marvel presentation
b) a 30th anniversary showcase
c) a November or December state of play
d) TGA

TGA is December 12th and if they do a 30th anniversary event, it would be on the 3rd. So regardless, we should know relatively soon.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Kurakasis has been wrong in the past so i woudn't trust this 100%

He is credible. He was the one who leaked lego Horizon game one month before release.

Another thing he leaked was that metro game in state of play was going to be vr game.

He's pretty credible but has been wrong in the past ( i think once, he got the reveal date for B4 wrong)

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Around the launch of the PS5Pro we will see a Sony SOP or showcase of upcoming games, set to hype the launch of the PRO and Christmas period.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
No, I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not letting "insiders" who the vast majority are wrong 90% of the time, hype me up for reveals and shows that only turn out to disappoint. It's time to start listening to most of these rumors because they don't lead anywhere or don't lead to anything good.

All I know is, next time SIE & Insomniac show off Wolverine, it better be accompanied with some great lengthy gameplay segment that's a tier above Spiderman 2. If they have a playable demo for PS5 owners around then, even better.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
No, I'm not doing this anymore. I'm not letting "insiders" who the vast majority are wrong 90% of the time, hype me up for reveals and shows that only turn out to disappoint. It's time to start listening to most of these rumors because they don't lead anywhere or don't lead to anything good.

All I know is, next time SIE & Insomniac show off Wolverine, it better be accompanied with some great lengthy gameplay segment that's a tier above Spiderman 2. If they have a playable demo for PS5 owners around then, even better.
This is the way, tbh. Unless someone can present visual evidence to substantiate a leak (screenshots, or capture footage), "leakers" are just making guesses and riding the clout it gets them.

If you want to get unrealistically hyped for unsubstantiated reasons, you should do it the old fashioned way by relying on Miyazaki who's your great uncle, or by finally recognizing the hidden patterns in newspaper clippings, only revealed by taping them to your walls pinning red string between the pages.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think that as usual in these "insiders" he just made it out. He didn't hear anything and it's just a guess.

But well, considering Sony has the anniversay yes, they could do some event with first new party trailers or announcements soonish. There are multiple announced games who didn't get any trailer for a while, so could be done there.

There are also a few upcoming unannounced games or remasters & ports that pretty likely will be released in a year or maximum two and have not been announced. Which could be announced there. Or not, they may continue releasing their announcements and trailers spreaded around the year.

YeezyDude

Veteran
17 Jun 2024
Denmark

I could totally see this happening at a December 3rd, 30th anniversary PlayStation Showcase. We still haven't seen any 30th Anniversary stuff from Herman Hulst, the co-CEO of SIE. He was completely absent from the State of Play in September.

I could imagine we could see the following

Wolverine
Ghost of Yotei
Death Stranding 2
Marathon
Venom
Current Gen Only - MLB The Show
Fairgames

and even GTA6... if Sony actually has a marketing deal with them. With the exception of Wolverine all of these games are supposed to come out in 2025. With there being no more e3, there is probably a time in which showing these at the same time merits value and I think it may be on the earlier side if you're looking to avoid release dates next to GTA6.

We know most of these games aren't releasing Q12025 (Fairgames could) and they'll probably avoid Q42025. So at least five games (not including MLB) in 6 months (more or less)...

Then there are the obvious games we haven't seen or heard much about

Naughty Dog's game(s)
Cory Barlog's game
Bend Studio
Bluepoint
Media Molecule

Interesting... I wonder how soon though? Hopefully nothing later than early 2025! 👀

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Please no lol... But I won't be surprised if this game ain't out before 2026 or 2027 though 🤷‍♂️
In the old leaked docs, back then apparently they had it planned for 2026 and they had a couple WIP vertical slices. I think the 2026 date was realistic, but it is always possible that it could be delayed.

They also had pitches and roadmaps with Spider-Man 2 DLCs or with Venom. There are no DLCs, which I assume confirms they'll release Venom in 2025.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Please lord, have mercy and don’t let this be hijacked by some leftist agenda preaching the dogma🙏