Rumor: Wolverine Won't Release Until 2025. The game will also feature a “darker” and “more violent” tone than past games from the studio.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1700427308783.png

Marvel’s Wolverine game from Insomniac won’t release until 2025.

At least, that’s what a new report claims.

According to known leaker Daniel Richtman (need to subscribe), not only will the upcoming game not be released in 2024, but it will also feature a “darker” and “more violent” tone than past games from the studio.

As far as location goes, it’s set to be set in Madripoor, a Southeast-Asian city within the Marvel universe.

The city has been long known as a “haven for pirates” after being built upon the back of a dragon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Darker tone comment is water is wet, we already heard the studio is going for an "M" rating.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It has to be.. we don't want rated Teens game. We need blood and gore with dismemberment and special moves. Can't wait!

Reactions: Diah

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
2024 is looking kind of packed for PS exclusives anyway, and I think Insomniac's earned a small break. 2025 is perfectly fine for Wolverine.

Shouldn't just be darker. It needs to be uncomfortable.

Like the Logan movie or something else? Didn't think Logan was uncomfortable (great film tho); maybe something closer to Joker but in a way that fits Wolverine.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Name them.
F_BuNFiWQAA7N5q.jpg

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
That list includes both Wolverine (which this thread says isn't going to make it) and Death Stranding 2, which also isn't going to make it. And then most of the other games are niche or bad. Congrats on FF7R2 though.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
2024 is looking kind of packed for PS exclusives anyway, and I think Insomniac's earned a small break. 2025 is perfectly fine for Wolverine.

Like the Logan movie or something else? Didn't think Logan was uncomfortable (great film tho); maybe something closer to Joker but in a way that fits Wolverine.
I mean everyone's tolerance for comfortableness varies but just "darker" doesn't cut it, for example harry potter is darker than spider-man, would a wolverine with the level of worldbuilding on the level of harry potter cut it for wolverine? hell no.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That list includes both Wolverine (which this thread says isn't going to make it) and Death Stranding 2, which also isn't going to make it. And then most of the other games are niche or bad. Congrats on FF7R2 though.
you asked for exclusives, the rest is subjective

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
at this point i'm convinced that little devil inside is vaporware. also i doubt pragmata is 2024. game feels like it's been shelved (last update moved release date to indefinite time)

how dare you insult granblue fantasy relink like that

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Looks like we've got a couple of fools on Resetera coping on a scenario where Disney forces Sony to make this game and the Spider-man games multiplat. Kinda funny how they're all for Xbox buying up everything in sight and making it exclusive but think Sony shouldn't be allowed to have a few exclusive superhero games.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

Death Stranding 2 is virtually 100% guaranteed for 2024. Even if Wolverine isn't, just take it off the list. It's a big-ass list; one game less isn't going to shrink it much.

I mean everyone's tolerance for comfortableness varies but just "darker" doesn't cut it, for example harry potter is darker than spider-man, would a wolverine with the level of worldbuilding on the level of harry potter cut it for wolverine? hell no.

Okay I get what you're saying. Personally I don't think Wolverine's gonna go for gore the way, say, TLOU2 does. And while that game has some dark themes itself, it's almost too bleak; Wolverine wouldn't go that route.

Tho it'll definitely be bloodier than the Spiderman games. Just not expecting stuff like some dismemberment game mechanics or such. Hopefully the story can explore darker themes without seeming outright bleak, or out-of-character for Wolverine. Game doesn't have to be Mortal Kombat with the violence at all.

Looks like we've got a couple of fools on Resetera coping on a scenario where Disney forces Sony to make this game and the Spider-man games multiplat. Kinda funny how they're all for Xbox buying up everything in sight and making it exclusive but think Sony shouldn't be allowed to have a few exclusive superhero games.

Right now Disney need all the help they can get between revitalizing the MCU and having successful games on the market. They're not going to fuk up their most successful gaming partnership with SIE/Insomniac just to please the fantasies of Xbox fanatics on ResetERA.

They can keep having those demented fantasies; I'm sure other members there are giving hints how dumb the idea is (tho they have to tip-toe around being too "harsh" in the eyes of the biased mods). But right now, SIE/Insomniac hold all the leverage when it comes to Spiderman. If anything Disney/Marvel will need Insomniac more than ever in whatever big plan they have to revitalize/course-correct the MCU going forward.

Reactions: Diah and PS_ROCKS

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Death Stranding 2 is virtually 100% guaranteed for 2024. Even if Wolverine isn't, just take it off the list. It's a big-ass list; one game less isn't going to shrink it much.

Okay I get what you're saying. Personally I don't think Wolverine's gonna go for gore the way, say, TLOU2 does. And while that game has some dark themes itself, it's almost too bleak; Wolverine wouldn't go that route.

Tho it'll definitely be bloodier than the Spiderman games. Just not expecting stuff like some dismemberment game mechanics or such. Hopefully the story can explore darker themes without seeming outright bleak, or out-of-character for Wolverine. Game doesn't have to be Mortal Kombat with the violence at all.

Right now Disney need all the help they can get between revitalizing the MCU and having successful games on the market. They're not going to fuk up their most successful gaming partnership with SIE/Insomniac just to please the fantasies of Xbox fanatics on ResetERA.

They can keep having those demented fantasies; I'm sure other members there are giving hints how dumb the idea is (tho they have to tip-toe around being too "harsh" in the eyes of the biased mods). But right now, SIE/Insomniac hold all the leverage when it comes to Spiderman. If anything Disney/Marvel will need Insomniac more than ever in whatever big plan they have to revitalize/course-correct the MCU going forward.
Yup, not to mention Sony has some leverage in terms of the film rights for Spider-Man. It's just wild that the OP for the thread on era implied that she left off the fact that it was PS exclusive because of not wanting to upset posters and mods like that.

Reactions: Diah and PS_ROCKS