Rumor: Wolverine Won't Release Until 2025. The game will also feature a “darker” and “more violent” tone than past games from the studio.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
F_BuNFiWQAA7N5q.jpg

Outside of Concord, Fairgame and Xdev assisting Rise of the Ronin, none of these are Playstation Studio games
Unless Wolverine is coming

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Outside of Concord, Fairgame and Xdev assisting Rise of the Ronin, none of these are Playstation Studio games

He meant exclusives. It’s an embarrassing list too. Def doesn’t help whatever point he was trying to make hyping up junk like foamstars. More so considering most of those games aren’t making a 2024 release.

I do expect Death Stranding 2 in 24 tho. Day one.

• Surprised
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Helldivers and Stellar Blade are published. Also Wolverine is not coming next year.

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
He meant exclusives. It’s an embarrassing list too. Def doesn’t help whatever point he was trying to make hyping up junk like foamstars. More so considering most of those games aren’t making a 2024 release.

I do expect Death Stranding 2 in 24 tho. Day one.
Helldivers II, FF 7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, and DS2 would be a solid 2024 if all were to release. Better than 2023 that’s for sure.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Helldivers II, FF 7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, and DS2 would be a solid 2024 if all were to release. Better than 2023 that’s for sure.

Even if I’m mostly interested in like two of those… I agree. This year’s output has been disappointing for me as far as exclusives go. That’s okay. Don’t count on em.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Even if I’m mostly interested in like two of those… I agree. This year’s output has been disappointing for me as far as exclusives go. That’s okay. Don’t count on em.
Yeah. One great game doesn’t discount the fact that this was a disappointing year for Sony as far as 1st party content goes.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Looks like we've got a couple of fools on Resetera coping on a scenario where Disney forces Sony to make this game and the Spider-man games multiplat. Kinda funny how they're all for Xbox buying up everything in sight and making it exclusive but think Sony shouldn't be allowed to have a few exclusive superhero games.

Which post? These people are crazy.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Helldivers and Stellar Blade are published. Also Wolverine is not coming next year.
Helldivers and Stellar Blade arent made by PS studios. I want games from the main PS studios, its why I bought a PS5.
Helldivers I have zero interest, the first game was ok

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Helldivers 2, Concord, Wolverine, FairGames, Stellar Blade, Death Stranding 2, Rise of the Ronin are all PS Studios games. PS Studios (via XDEV for the 2nd party games) will fund, publish or market them plus handling pretty likely stuff like outsourcing, localization, testing and more, even if in some cases the lead game development studio isn't owned by them. In most cases Sony will also own that IP. Not sure if they will also publish Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside or not.

Regarding Wolverine, we don't know its release year. I think it's realistic to expect both a late 2024 release or a 2025 release. In fact I think 2025 sounds more realistic. During their history, Insomniac released most years at least a game with a few exceptions. But the Wolverine team worked on Morales, and the Spider-Man 2 worked on Spider-Man 1. So it wouldn't be rare to see Wolverine being released a couple years after Spider-Man 2, considering Spider-Man and Morales were released with a couple years of difference between them.

But the 'insider' who made the claim posted in the OP has been wrong muliple times regarding games and not sure if as a broken clock got something right. As an example, he claimed 3 years ago that Netherealms -owned by the main Marvel competitoor- was working on a Marvel fighting game. Obviously it wasn't the case and they were working on Mortal Kombat 1 instead.

Last edited:

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Darker tone comment is water is wet, we already heard the studio is going for an "M" rating.

It has to be.. we don't want rated Teens game. We need blood and gore with dismemberment and special moves. Can't wait!

It'll be gory.

Of course it will be gory. Same as Wolverine on PS3 long time ago. That game was good too.

Sony is publisher, and owner of those IPs probably. Same situation as with Quantic Dream. Don't know with Lost Soul Aside, but Sony owns Stellar Blade and Rise Of Ronin

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Of course it will be gory. Same as Wolverine on PS3 long time ago. That game was good too.

Sony is publisher, and owner of those IPs probably. Same situation as with Quantic Dream. Don't know with Lost Soul Aside, but Sony owns Stellar Blade and Rise Of Ronin
Just like Nioh, Rise of Ronin is owned by Koei Tecmo

From PS store page :

© 2023 コーエーテクモゲームス(Koei Tecmo) All rights reserved. Published by Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.

Plextorage

Banned
26 Feb 2023
Just like Nioh, Rise of Ronin is owned by Koei Tecmo

From PS store page :

© 2023 コーエーテクモゲームス(Koei Tecmo) All rights reserved. Published by Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.

Oh, yes, it is. Stellar Blade is Sony's IP only

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don’t think they own Rise of Ronin, Im not 100% but I heard its not a normal situation compared to IPs they normally publish and own. The rest yes

Reactions: Plextorage

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Helldivers and Stellar Blade arent made by PS studios. I want games from the main PS studios, its why I bought a PS5.
Helldivers I have zero interest, the first game was ok
I don’t give a damn if they’re not made by PS studios. Sony cut the check, are funding development, and those games won’t be on Xbox, they count! If that’s the case, then I guess you don’t count Bloodborne and Death Stranding because those are 2nd party games. Spiderman 2018 was not made by PS Studios when it released in 2018. What did you say in the PS1 and PS2 era when most of the best PS exclusives were 2nd and 3rd party games?

Reactions: Yurinka

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don’t give a damn if they’re not made by PS studios. Sony cut the check, are funding development, and those games won’t be on Xbox, they count! If that’s the case, then I guess you don’t count Bloodborne and Death Stranding because those are 2nd party games. Spiderman 2018 was not made by PS Studios when it released in 2018.

You might not give a damn but I do. I didnt say I dont want the 2nd party/3rd party exclusives.
But i want the big PS studio games too.

Plus theres a big difference with games made by Miyazaki and Kojima compared to unknown STellar blade and bloody Helldivers 2 Lol.
What did you say in the PS1 and PS2 era when most of the best PS exclusives were 2nd and 3rd party games?

PS1 and PS2 days got exclusives like Metal Gear Solid, 1-3, Devil May Cry.

I dont know why you guys are defending lack of big PS studio games….