[RUMOUR] Codenamed Q Lite, the next PlayStation handheld is the next piece of Sony hardware

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
hey arnold sleep GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We have enough bullshit with the fake Switch Pro rumors. We don't need fake Vita 2 rumors.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Give me a portable capable of playing PS4 games, that is all I need. Something like this would really increase the value of PS+.
I think that if they are developing one it would have a GPU in the same ballpark as the ps4 pro with a modern CPU and SSD

That would do wonders for games on a screen like the Steam Deck has (800p). Also, it would have better chances of being able to keep up with the ps5 in the long therm.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Bryank75

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I’m not sure I understand the question. We’re talking about the ROG Ally, right? It’s a windows PC. PS+ isn’t on windows.

different architectures bro. And this handheld will most likely be running linux with windows emulation through wine or proton.

I read it wrong. I thought the listed information was all about Sony’s handheld.

Only just now realizing the small blurb about the portable at the end. Haha.

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
I doubt it, knowing Sony killed the Vita basically at launch, but I love my Vita so much, I'd buy a new PlayStation handheld in an instant. Just make sure to support Micro SD cards this time.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I think that if they are developing one it would have a GPU in the same ballpark as the ps4 pro with a modern CPU and SSD

That would do wonders for games on a screen like the Steam Deck has (800p). Also, it would have better chances of being able to keep up with the ps5 in the long therm.
No portable is going to keep up with the PS5.

A device capable of running regular PS4 games, not PS4 Pro, that should be the target. Devs would still have the option to nativelly port games to it but the PS4 library would provide the main foundation for the platform.

1080p/60hz OLED screen, $350, backwards compatible with PS4 games, ZEN2/RDNA2, SD card storage expansion.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If it is as sexy as the PSVita or even nicer, I'd buy it.

Especially if I can play PS4 games on the go and smaller titles like Octopath 2 etc.

I think it's a good idea but they should expect to sell less than 30 million due to competition from several other companies.

It'll blow Steam deck outta the water in terms of sales and probably engineering but Switch has so much market share....

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
How is this not an april fools joke?

I dunno man. Making a handheld? I don’t believe it one bit. They’re more likely to dip their toes into mobile.

Nintendo makes a handheld because they got killed in the home console market and quit consoles. They surrendered and consolidated their efforts to where they are successful… handhelds.

But to think that Mobile isn’t coming for that market? Of course it is. May take another 10 years but it’s coming.

I can see a portable ps4 being an option tho with cross gen sticking around forever but it must be essentially just that… a machine capable of running your ps4 catalog. A steam deck of sorts…. Another unique platform itself tho?

Fake

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
In the age of tiktok/social media a PSP 2 would be a viral sensation. They'd need to launch with some heavy hitter games or ability to play console games, music streaming apps and a browser. bonus point if they steal Switch's idea and let it be hooked up to the tv like a mini console.

Also to the people saying they don't see it. PS Vita which people widely considered a flop sold an estimated 3x the amount of PSVR1. We know that VR got a second chance, so should a portable.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The Steam Deck and the Switch seem to be selling amazingly well, and if they could get all of the PlayStation library games working on a new device, they would sell like hotcakes.

With my old eyes, i don't want one but i could see this being simply an incredible move for Sony.

Then again, i doubt this rumor is true.