Rumour: Last of Us Part 3 Starts Motion Capture / Filming Later This Year + Ellie has a Major Role in the Game

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Huh. I wonder where they take the story. I wasn't really a fan of TLOU2. Excellent gameplay improvements and a great atmosphere but I just did not enjoy the story telling.

The idea behind the story is good but the pacing and they way it's told isn't that good.

Reactions: Bryank75

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Naughty Dogs said they are working on completely new single player IP.

This rumor is total bullshit.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Ech, i wish, it would have been prequel. Joel etc.. but strong white man isn't allowed in this political climate.

Ellie, yay...
Drums Eye Roll GIF

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They have 497 employees. Barely enough to develop one game in 5 years.
That's not how ND works tho? Evan has said they always have at least 3 games working at a time. With one getting majority of the resources, the other having a small team and the other in the early stages.

They move around resources. The Last Of Us 2 was the anamoly in their development since the Studio had lost a lot of staff before and after Uncharted 4... And they still got out Lost Legacy a year after.

They have since given others but Neil creative Director roles.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
So the new IP comes out first, right?

I hope they move on from Joel and Ellie.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They can always outsource things or ask other PS studios do it for them, how it was with TLoU2.
for now, they have a new IP and that online game. Assuming they release that online game in 2024 and the fairy tale of handling multiple project at the same time is true, then the next IP will need a miracle to release in 2026. So, this TLOU part 3 is 2029 at best.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
for now, they have a new IP and that online game. Assuming they release that online game in 2024 and the fairy tale of handling multiple project at the same time is true, then the next IP will need a miracle to release in 2026. So, this TLOU part 3 is 2029 at best.
Online game is dead.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Day one, for sure. Love The Last of Us!

However, I do wonder if that means their new IP will be after TLOU 3? That is something I don't like. But I understand that they'd want to release TLOU 3 as soon as they can, so they stay ahead of the HBO seasons.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Naughty Dogs said they are working on completely new single player IP.

This rumor is total bullshit.
They grew a lot, have been working in multiple projects for a while. Remember that in addition to be working in the TLOU MP game the recently released the TLOUP1 for PS5 and PC and the Uncharted Collection for PS5 and PC.

What Naughty Dog said when mentioned that they were giving more time to the TLOU MP game is that in addition to be working on this MP game they are also working in other games (which means they are working on at least 3 games right) including a brand new single player game.

So in that announcement they didn't mention a new IP, but they did hint in other places that they could be working on a new IP.

My bet is that they are working in-house mainly on:
  • TLOU MP game (production, H2 2024/H1 2025 release)
  • SP only new IP (production, 2026-2027 release)
  • SP only TLOU 3 (pre-production, 2027-2028 crossgen release)
While may be overviewing these externally developed projects like:
  • SP only Uncharted spinoff/reboot: daughter as the main character, no white characters other than her, no male or heterosexual characters, more focus on woke themes and characters than Lost Legacy or TLOU2 (production, codeveloped with someone else as could be SSM or Bluepoint)
  • Uncharted VR spinoff (by Firesprite, think the Uncharted equivalent of Horizon CoM)
  • Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection (by Nixxes, PS5 and PC remasters)
  • TLOU2 Director's Cut (by Iron Galaxy and Sony VAGS, PS5 and PC sku/remaster)
  • TLOU tv show season 2, timed to be released near TLOU2DC
  • Uncharted 2nd movie, timed to be released near Nathan Drake's Collection

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster