Rumour: Last of Us Part 3 Starts Motion Capture / Filming Later This Year + Ellie has a Major Role in the Game

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sounds like development is way behind where it should be

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I don't get it. If both Bend and VSA have prior experience with TLOU Remake/P2, why isn't some of that man power directed onto the struggling TLOU Online? Surely they need that out before even thinking of TLOU 3?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I don't get it. If both Bend and VSA have prior experience with TLOU Remake/P2, why isn't some of that man power directed onto the struggling TLOU Online? Surely they need that out before even thinking of TLOU 3?

Huh?

The rumor was that TLOU went from on-going service to a more traditional “boxed” game and that a chunk of that team’s resources put to work on other projects and most likely being a TLOU3 if it is in the works.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Assuming TLoU 3 is as good as TLoU 2 it's pretty much hundreds of millions guaranteed profits. A service game is a risky bet, if it succeeds it can become a money printer, but the vast majority of them just vanish within months like Halo:I did with its multi-player component.

Obviously TLoU has a big draw, we saw the potential with the series. So I think that there it a good chance that whenever they decide the GaaS version is ready it's going to be a big success, but I will not join in for this ride.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Assuming TLoU 3 is as good as TLoU 2 it's pretty much hundreds of millions guaranteed profits. A service game is a risky bet, if it succeeds it can become a money printer, but the vast majority of them just vanish within months like Halo:I did with its multi-player component.

Obviously TLoU has a big draw, we saw the potential with the series. So I think that there it a good chance that whenever they decide the GaaS version is ready it's going to be a big success, but I will not join in for this ride.
A bad story can tank/diminish an IP forever. An evergreen GAAS game keeping the IP in people's minds, and expanding to more than just Joel/Ellie/Abbey (whom are considered lost causes by some), let's the GAAS game receive the small updates to keep it ticking, and unties story sequel from otherwise business tie in timing, like a new season of the show. Have that synergy, but with the Online game. Let Joel and Ellie rest a little, you monsters.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
4chan warriors and youtube incels readying their pitchforks as we speak! Can't wait for part 3, feels like a 2026 game, which means that we would go 6 years without a new naughty dog game.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
A bad story can tank/diminish an IP forever. An evergreen GAAS game keeping the IP in people's minds, and expanding to more than just Joel/Ellie/Abbey (whom are considered lost causes by some), let's the GAAS game receive the small updates to keep it ticking, and unties story sequel from otherwise business tie in timing, like a new season of the show. Have that synergy, but with the Online game. Let Joel and Ellie rest a little, you monsters.
I think that the GaaS game should be without any direct appearance of Joel/Ellie/the muscle lady... At most you may have slight references to a man crossing the country with an immune girl only to not let the dr. Develop the drug... But as eluded in the first game, there were other rumors of a cure making the rounds from time to time.

This is if they don't make it before the first game, then there is no reason to tie in these elements. Nothing other than the different factions and approaches to survival.

What I would like, but I feel is impossible, would be a game where you can cross the whole continent... Maybe an abridged version of it, because it would feel very empty at times. But reproducing the travel made in the first game in real time, sometimes on car, others on horse or by foot... This is kind of appealing.