RX6900XT hits $380 on Amazon

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
yes. did you read the following sentence?

Go on read it out to me.

Nvidia is more expensive because people keep buying it despite having worse performance, planned obsolescence through lack of vram, and higher prices.

Feel free to buy a 4070 and end up having to replace it in a couple years.

What does this mean?

“Nvidia is more expensive because people keep buying it despite having worse performance, planned obsolescence through lack of vram, and higher prices.”

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Go on read it out to me.

What does this mean?

“Nvidia is more expensive because people keep buying it despite having worse performance, planned obsolescence through lack of vram, and higher prices.”
And what does "Feel free to buy a 4070 and end up having to replace it in a couple years." mean? Do you have a problem with understanding context?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't even get the point of these powerful GPUs, I got my Steam Deck and now feel like selling my PC, there are hardly any demanding games that justifies a powerful ring to run them.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't even get the point of these powerful GPUs, I got my Steam Deck and now feel like selling my PC, there are hardly any demanding games that justifies a powerful ring to run them.
120fps locked is the reason

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
120fps locked is the reason
I don't care for that. Which game you are playing at 120fps that is so much more impressive than how it runs on a PS5?

Maybe when GTA6 comes out on PC 2 years from now it will be worthy buying a powerful GPU.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
You get what you pay for.

Nvidia 4070s is more expensive for a reason.

DLSS, better RT and uses less power.
Nvidia features really isn't worth a 60% upcharge. I'll see youtube comparisons comparing the RTX 4060 to the 7700xt because they are in the same price range. That's ridiculous.

AMD cards work. They don't have the fancy Nvidia software sure. But they still work. If you want to play video games and don't care for the raytracing stuff, it's a great purchase.

You clearly said Nvidia in general have worse performance which is nonsense.
worse price to performance.

Most Nvidia cards you get for the same price as an AMD are usually a tier lower and get outperformed like a bitch in most gaming tasks. and if you compare them tier to tier the Nvidia card is outrageously expensive in comparison

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
It's really just higher resolution, graphics settings and framerates. If you wanted to play most modern games a 6650xt will suffice.

getting my Steam Deck just gives me more time to browse the internet and make music on my PC, but I enjoy the dynamic of the 2 systems nonetheless. not to mention my PC can still play many games that my steam deck can't like Fortnite and Assetto Corsa.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It's really just higher resolution, graphics settings and framerates. If you wanted to play most modern games a 6650xt will suffice.

getting my Steam Deck just gives me more time to browse the internet and make music on my PC, but I enjoy the dynamic of the 2 systems nonetheless. not to mention my PC can still play many games that my steam deck can't like Fortnite and Assetto Corsa.
I barely have time to play all I want in a single system, It feels like Steam Deck + PS5 + a Gaming PC is just too much for me.

OLED Steam Deck + PS5 seems like the best of both worlds right now for me.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I don't care for that. Which game you are playing at 120fps that is so much more impressive than how it runs on a PS5?

Maybe when GTA6 comes out on PC 2 years from now it will be worthy buying a powerful GPU.
Any game really, but faster-paced game with lots of movement and action/gunplay feel way better at ~165fps.

Black Myth Wukong and Space Marine 2 will be awesome on a high-end GPU. Will they even run on a Steam Deck?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Any game really, but faster-paced game with lots of movement and action/gunplay feel way better at ~165fps.

Black Myth Wukong and Space Marine 2 will be awesome on a high-end GPU. Will they even run on a Steam Deck?
Not that I will be playing either but they'll run just fine on a PS5 where I would be able to buy them in a disc.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Nvidia features really isn't worth a 60% upcharge. I'll see youtube comparisons comparing the RTX 4060 to the 7700xt because they are in the same price range. That's ridiculous.

AMD cards work. They don't have the fancy Nvidia software sure. But they still work. If you want to play video games and don't care for the raytracing stuff, it's a great purchase.

worse price to performance.

Most Nvidia cards you get for the same price as an AMD are usually a tier lower and get outperformed like a bitch in most gaming tasks. and if you compare them tier to tier the Nvidia card is outrageously expensive in comparison

Let’s not start moving goalposts and bring in price per performance nonsense and upcharges.

Nvidia card DO NOT have worse performance than AMD. They are superior in every sense.

Secondly the market leader are always gonna charge a premium cause they know they have the best product and people will still buy them.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I mean, so don't buy a PC. I enjoy those things so I have one. Doesn't mean I don't have a great time on PS5 as well.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I mean, so don't buy a PC. I enjoy those things so I have one. Doesn't mean I don't have a great time on PS5 as well.
I just said I don't get the point of powerfull GPUs because I don't see any game making good use of it, I said nothing about you, you don't need to justify anything to me.

I also have a PC that I now will most likely sell because I believe the Steam Deck will be more than enough to replace it. Ideally Valve would come up with an easy way to use a e-GPU with the Steam Deck, that would be the perfect set up for me.