Saber Interactive leaving Embracer in $500 mil deal to become private. |UP| Embracer confirms sale..

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
That’s a huge sum to break free. Good luck to them tho and great to see them escape Embracer’s inevitable doom. Really hoping Gunfire also gets out asap

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That’s a huge sum to break free. Good luck to them tho and great to see them escape Embracer’s inevitable doom. Really hoping Gunfire also gets out asap
They acquired all those companies just to start releasing and losing them. Idk what fucking plan thy had but it wasn't well planned out.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Maybe thy just wanted to stop micro from gobbling some of them up.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They acquired all those companies just to start releasing and losing them. Idk what fucking plan thy had but it wasn't well planned out.
I don’t get theyre plan, they’re shaving fat which is needed in Embracer but there selling off the studios w much potential atleast compare to there other studio. Is Embracer really gonna sell off there biggest studios & hold on to the mid studios? Or is Embracer gonna do a 180 out of gaming? What a mess

I reckon Embracer smallest studios & studios w no potential would be sold or closed completely leaving the studios w much potential or ip to create quality game. Destroy all humans remake was good they should reboot the franchise or make a new installment that’s AA at mind.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don’t get theyre plan, they’re shaving fat which is needed in Embracer but there selling off the studios w much potential atleast compare to there other studio. Is Embracer really gonna sell off there biggest studios & hold on to the mid studios? Or is Embracer gonna do a 180 out of gaming? What a mess

I reckon Embracer smallest studios & studios w no potential would be sold or closed completely leaving the studios w much potential or ip to create quality game. Destroy all humans remake was good they should reboot the franchise or make a new installment that’s AA at mind.
I mean I could understand if they bought them to then resell at profit but I doubt that was the plan. They must have thought magically they just start printing money and didn't forsee this constriction.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Saber Interactive for $500m?

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

I think the Embracer heads don't want to drown their own puppies. THQN was their original creation and Deep Solver/Plaion was brought soon after. They are also more Scandinavia-centric, just like ownership. Thus they are allowed to keep making trash while the better/later acquisitions like Saber, Gearbox, Asmodee, etc. weren't allowed to take charge of them. To me its clear that Asmodee is the "best bit" of the org, followed by Coffee Stain and then Saber but the laggard groups are going to continue to hold their value down.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
With all these layoffs, companies wanting to reverse the acquisitions how Imtaxt are even the COD companies. I know they experienced alot of layoffs, they have to be former shells of themselves. The next COD might be a real shit show. I mean this one was trash either way.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Woohoo!!! KOTOR Remake is still alive!!! Hoping it stays that way until release.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think the Embracer heads don't want to drown their own puppies. THQN was their original creation and Deep Solver/Plaion was brought soon after. They are also more Scandinavia-centric, just like ownership. Thus they are allowed to keep making trash while the better/later acquisitions like Saber, Gearbox, Asmodee, etc. weren't allowed to take charge of them. To me its clear that Asmodee is the "best bit" of the org, followed by Coffee Stain and then Saber but the laggard groups are going to continue to hold their value down.
Thqn used to make solid low budget games, what happened

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
They bought themselves out to save more job losses.

Respect to the new owners of Saber Interactive.