Sackboy - A Big Adventure PC - Oct. 27th Steam, Pre-orders live

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com

The first thing to call out is the new visuals. We wanted this game to visually stunning on PC, so with that goal in mind here are some of the new graphical features we’ve added to make the most of your hardware:

· 4K with target @ 120FPS1. The stunning patchwork of Craftworld is rendered in beautiful 4K detail.
· Deep Learning Super Sampling. NVIDIA DLSS2 increases graphics performance using dedicated processors found only on GeForce RTX GPUs, boosting frame rates with uncompromised image quality.
· VRR. Variable refresh rate support makes Sackboy more responsive than ever.2

Wide screen! The game supports a wide range of display ratios, including ultrawide 21:9.3
While we have added all these new graphical features for players with high-end machines, we’ve also worked hard to make sure that a range of different hardware is supported. Here are the details of the minimum and recommended specs:

Lots of info/screenshots.. sounds like a great port.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I will say.. how does this compute with those adamant about the # of PC releases coming out from Sony this year?

@ethomaz @Yurinka

??
This is exactly what I thought when I saw it.

image.png

This graph matches with 2 mobile games, 4 PC ports, 8 PS4+PS5 games, 8 PS5 games for the current fiscal year. Which considering they plan to release PSVR2 early this year (so pretty likely before April, inside the current fiscal year would make sense to have several 1st and 2nd party PSVR2 in that list).

It would also match with 1 mobile, 2 PC, 4 PS4+PS5, 4 PS5 but we know they are releasing more than that. It would also match with 3 mobile games, 6 PC, 12 PS4+PS5, 12 PS5 but that would be an insane amount of console releases and I think isn't realistic. Same goes with 4 mobile games, 8 PC ports, 16 PS4+PS5 and 16 PS5: it isn't realistic.

So now, how do they count their PC ports to count 4 releases? As far as we know they'll have Spider-Man, Spider-Man Morales, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection, Sackboy. This is the way it fits.

If they would have counted separatedly the Uncharted games separatedly, then they would be 5 so there wouldn't be room for Sackboy. Same goes as if they are counting the Spider-Man together as they were originally released on PS: in that case there would be room for another PC port to be released this fiscal year (TLOUP1 or Returnal?).

Same goes with FY2025: 5 mobile games, 7 PC ports and 14 PS5 only releases is the only proportion that matches and makes sense. But well, 2025-2026 releases are so far so these estimations could very likely change. It isn't like their numbers for the current year, where they should know pretty much what they are going to release (even if always some delay may happen).

I know at least one of those users is already trying to spin it LOL
It isn't spinning anything. That graph is a fact. And to assume that the proportion means 2 mobile, 4 pc ports, 16 console games (including VR and 2nd party) for this fiscal year is the only realistic option, even generous because you don't see a 1st party releasing 16 console releases on a fiscal year frequently, but could fit including there the PSVR2 release and assuming they'll have several 1st and 2nd party releases for the launch and first weeks.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TubzGaming
OP
OP
IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
@Yurinka : Thanks, it was an honest question.

So this brings us to the 4 that you all believe is set in stone.

So no more PC releases for the fiscal year?

edit: nevermind, deleted some wrong info i had

Last edited:
OP
OP
IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
So you think they announced TLOU part 1 for PC, but won't release until after March of next year?

But the chart says "releases".. so not sure why you always bring up this idea of separating/combining games.. a release is a release... Uncharted is 1 release, there are 2 Spiderman releases lol

That absolutely would be "spin" if you want to start doing that.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Well, I don't know if it's set in stone, but Sony said a handful months ago that this is what they plan to release. Nobody forced them to do it and have no reason to lie.

For me it's already generous to think they will release 16 titles in console including PSVR this FY, and that would match with 4 PC titles. As I mentioned, it would also match 6 or 8 PC ports for this FY but that would mean what I considering unrealistic and nonsensical amount of PS releases for this FY: 24 and 32 (being half of them crossgen).

We also have to consider it's only PS Studios published games, no Bungie included here so couldn't bump it with surprise Bungie releases.

So you think they announced TLOU part 1 for PC, but won't release until after March of next year?
In the TLOUP1 trailer mention 'also in development for PC' without mentioning release date. To release it after March would fit with the graph.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022

It's more like seven considering some of these were multiple games packed into a single release.

Anyway I guess everyone saw this coming given the Nvidia leaks. I don't necessarily care one way or another, but I can understand how others may be feeling if they spent money on a PS5 in anticipation for more transparency on new 1P releases and news from Sony, but have gotten more announcements WRT their PC porting strategy than the former up to this point.

There's definitely a certain sentiment that those individuals could have that is understandable to see from their POV. Even I've kind of held off on my PS5 plans for now; GOW Ragnarok, Elden Ring & Street Fighter VI I can still pick those up on PS4 (SF VI for PS4 & PC double-dip in my case). My backlog is also rather hefty between recent & retro releases.

I'll be waiting for more PS5-only software announcements & releases before picking one up, and that's considering most of them don't have PC ports planned within a year of release. Otherwise I have a lot more personal incentive to get the games on PC, which is already what I'm planning to do for Xbox titles.

Can we get bets on how many copies it will sell on PC?

I'm gonna say sub 100K

I'll say 100K - 250K. I'm not even sure how many copies sold on PS4 & PS5 for the game, but it should be easy money on PC in any case.

Although I'm not sure what the audience size for this specific type of game is on PC so that's something to keep in mind, too. How many copies did It Takes Two or Stray do on PC? That would give us a good range to extrapolate from.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
In the TLOUP1 trailer mention 'also in development for PC' without mentioning release date. To release it after March would fit with the graph.

They have it on their "coming soon" section on the Playstation PC marketing page they launched. The other games have dates or seasons listed while it just repeats the "coming soon" text.

Not that it means much.. it's announced, so I think bare minimum they'd say "coming soon."

Considering how long Uncharted collection took to get out, April 2023 or beyond isn't a bad bet.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Can we get bets on how many copies it will sell on PC?

I'm gonna say sub 100K
In which timeframe? In first week or maybe even first month I assume it will be sub 100K, yes.

During all its lifetime I think at least between 500K and 1M, maybe around 1M.

OP
OP
IntentionalPun

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Yeah this game seems prime for flop launch, followed by a decent spike on any discount that happens.

It's definitely pushing it w/ that $60 price tag.. IMO it was pushing it being full priced on consoles too.

Reactions: Bryank75
24 Jun 2022
In which timeframe? In first week or maybe even first month I assume it will be sub 100K, yes.

During all its lifetime I think at least between 500K and 1M, maybe around 1M.

How many copies have HZD, GOW 2018, and Spiderman sold on PC? Genuinely asking, because I'm of the thought it's probably about 1M tops for each of them, and if that's the case there's no chance on God's green Earth Sackboy is crossing 1M.

The Returnal port to PC has a much better chance of hitting that mark than Sackboy, and even that may be pushing it considering what the other ports mentioned have done so far. But, if you have any info on the sales of those ports to PC I'd be interested in seeing them tbh.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
How many copies have HZD, GOW 2018, and Spiderman sold on PC? Genuinely asking, because I'm of the thought it's probably about 1M tops for each of them, and if that's the case there's no chance on God's green Earth Sackboy is crossing 1M.

The Returnal port to PC has a much better chance of hitting that mark than Sackboy, and even that may be pushing it considering what the other ports mentioned have done so far. But, if you have any info on the sales of those ports to PC I'd be interested in seeing them tbh.
If we look at SteamSpy estimates:
GoW 2.91M in 8 months and a half
DG 1.9M in a year and 4 months
Horizon 1.5M in almost 2 years and 2 months
Spider-Man 1.66M in a month and a half

They obviously will sell way more than that after all their lifetime, remember they are full priced ports of old games released relatively recently, so will sell way more, specially when heavily discounted because we're talking about PC.

Sackboy is from a well known IP that sold over 10 million copies instead of a new IP, covers wider demographics since kids can play it, I assume will accept way more lower hardware requirements (so more people will be able to buy and play it decently) and I think more people will find likeable its main character. So I think will sell better than Returnal both in PS and in PC specially in the long run (it's an awesome game to buy cheap for kids). I think Returnal may have a better start because dark scifi and shooters work well on PC, specially with nerds who spend a ton on powerful hardware.

But obviously Sackboy isn't a superseller like GoW, Horizon or Spider-Man and the demographics of Steam are not as kid friendly as PS so the sales in PC of Sackboy should be pretty low compared to the other ones. We also have to consider that Sackboy hardware spec requirements won't be as potato PC friendly as popular kid friendly games like let's say Minecraft or Fortnite.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

Poorly optimized, full priced, etc... I thought Sony devs were better than that, what's been with all the shit ports recently?! We aren't spending our money on shitty ports, in case they haven't gotten the message yet??

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Poorly optimized, full priced, etc... I thought Sony devs were better than that, what's been with all the shit ports recently?! We aren't spending our money on shitty ports, in case they haven't gotten the message yet??
They're in a not so good place right now, and have waited too long to get their developers up to speed on PC so they're now tying up multiple port studios of varying quality and capabilities.

Expect some swings in port results over the next few years until their devs are able to fully multiplatform develop.