Saints Row and Red Faction Will “Live on” Despite Volition Closure

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
While it remains to be seen whether the full suite of Volition’s IP will continue to have a future going forward, two of them certainly will in the form of Saints Row and Red Faction. The same was confirmed by Deep Silver – the publisher of both franchises – in a Twitter message following up on the announcement of Volition’s closure.

“Our thoughts go out to everyone at Volition, past and present. We’re incredibly grateful for their unforgettable work on Saints Row and Red Faction, whose IPs will live on at PLAION.”

Incidentally, it was announced by Embracer Group earlier in 2023 that by next year, three of its publishing labels will be merged into PLAION, with Deep Silver being one among them.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
How many studios does Embracer own now? Just wondering how much longer their scam can push forward… they’re only here to buy scraps and finish putting those studios out of business. I imagine MS will buy everything on fire sale when Embracer finishes killing everything they bought. Not like MS’ strategy is much different tho.

No reason to look forward to absolutely anything under their umbrella — it’s a fucking scam. No reason to pretend otherwise… it’s been their play since day one.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Regardless of the Red Faction IP, whom now owns that proprietary blow shit up physics engine? Could that be retrofitted for a new non RF franchise?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Let’s face it, Volition was NOT a well-run studio. I see this as an opportunity for Saints Row and Red Faction to be put in the hands of devs who know what the properties have to deliver to their fanbases.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Cool I will always play more Saints Row