Santa Monica Studio has 24 open positions for their unannounced game, which seems to be a new God of War

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Atreus’ stages were without question an absolute killjoy. Ragnarok would’ve been a better game if that was all cut. Ruined the pacing of the game and honestly his gameplay was … boring. Doesn’t help that he’s totally unlikeable too.

An Atrues spin-off … no thanks. I loved both those games but I’d nope the frick out of that instantly.

Reactions: rofif

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
GoW Ragnarok was good but I didn't feel good about the direction they took things with the IP, seemed like they rushed it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
After seeing the responses here for my desire to have an Atreus spin off, I do apologize for my shortcomings. I do not wish that pain on any of you. For my punishment, I will go back and play only the Atreus parts of God of War Ragnarok on Story difficulty and pretend to kiss the girl, thinking of biceps and taints.

• haha
Reactions: rofif

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Santamonica is held as high regard in Sony internally, due to high quality, consistency in upgrades, and taking budget seriously.

It was shown in the Behind the Scenes, they were talking about not going over-budget as an important path to success.

Also we shouldn't act like all the PS Studios didn't double or even triple over past 4 years. They PS studios have still increased headcount by alot, since they're main franchises hit probably (Returnal, DeS remake, GoW reboot, Horizon, Ghost, Spidey, etc.)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Puff and Yurinka

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
GOW Eygpt here we go!

Can't wait to slay Ra, Osiris and Horus

Plus the pyramids will make for great dungeons

Reactions: TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
No way God of War: Ragnorok was a masterpiece, it wasn't rushed for me, I tried to do everything in a area more so often, so I got really used to the game, and the story was quite long. Rushed isn't how I would describe it personally, every realm had so much detail and secrets.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
No way God of War: Ragnorok was a masterpiece, it wasn't rushed for me, I tried to do everything in a area more so often, so I got really used to the game, and the story was quite long. Rushed isn't how I would describe it personally, every realm had so much detail and secrets.
Game play wise, no. Exploration, weapons, enemy variety, world, and locations are all an improvement.

But the story is rushed. A lot of plto points are either dropped or rushed through to the conclusion. Cory wanted the game to be a trilogy when the first game was made but decided to go with two games because "he didn't want players to wait for another 5 years to see the story end.".

Starts at 15:25

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Loved it!

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I've already said this on Reddit, so may as well put it here, too:

I hope people here are smart enough to understand they might just be looking for people who "understand" "how" SSM make games. Mentioning God of War doesn't necessarily imply they're working on a new one, but referring to it as a design philosophy.