SEGA has done it again (Origins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So, looks like SEGA managed to fuck up Sonic Origins somehow. A Headcannon developer has spoken up about how even after crunching hard to make deadline, SEGA managed to introduce a bunch of bugs into Sonic 3 when integrating it, wouldn't negotiate a delay, and even has been pretty silent with them about the post release support plan.

For some context, although the final product is quite good, Sonic 3 in particular seems to be marred with issues. See the following video for some examples of messed up physics and weird glitches.

FFS, SEGA

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
IIRC Sonic Mania was the best selling Sonic Game in like 20 years (I wonder why, 2D/Classic Sonic?). And they said 'that's not the direction we want to go in'. '... WHAT?'

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
I’ve just given up on Sega and Sonic at this point. They’re clearly not invested in maintaining any kind of quality standard for this series. Sonic comes out. They make bank. That’s about the extent of the equation here.

This classic series deserves better, but wanting it to be so, at least under current management, will not make it so.

OP
OP
BloodMod

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
IIRC Sonic Mania was the best selling Sonic Game in like 20 years (I wonder why, 2D/Classic Sonic?). And they said 'that's not the direction we want to go in'. '... WHAT?'
That sounds an awful lot like sour grapes.

The sad truth is that SEGA has always been ripe with infighting and politics. Which certainly contributed to their downfall back in the day.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
There will never be another good Sonic game. Not unless some major changes are made. People said the 2000s were the dark ages of Sonic but this seems worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.