SEGA REVEAL TRAILER - 5 new Sega games from Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, & Crazy Taxi in development |UP| Midori rumor info.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update Midori rumor info

I want to make sure there is no confusion with what I am saying before.

It is correct information that Sega is developing full remakes of Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio in Unreal Engine 5 with most of the original staff.

These titles would release before the GaaS reboots.

Internally, both the Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi plans had already been previously delayed two different times, including the original reveal dates for the projects.

The previous plan before this month was to release Jet Set Radio remake and reboot in 2026 and Crazy Taxi in 2027.

Golden Axe was supposed to release individually in 2023 and marketing plans were created. But this plan was then changed.

These remakes are very similar to the original games but with some new features including multiplayer for Crazy Taxi.

And day one cosmetic DLC is currently planned for the remakes. But there are currently not expansion passes planned.

These are not the GaaS Reboot titles.

And now SOA is more involved in development and marketing of Sega titles than before. And communication has become more consistent between SOA and SOJ for these titles as part of global initiative. It is not just for Sonic titles.

New games from Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and Crazy Taxi​

Last edited:
Reactions: Dick Jones

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The opinions below are based on the snippets, not the IPs themselves.
  • Jet Set Radio: Looks great
  • Shinobi: Perfect.
  • Golden Axe: There's some asshole somewhere that thought this was a good idea in 3D. Probably the same asshole that thought Sonic is a good idea in 3D.
  • Crazy Taxi: Looks like a mobile game.
  • Streets of Rage: why would they ruin this game after 4? Like, just grab what you did with 4 and do it again. Looks like absolute garbage, like the old 90s concept for a 3D streets of rage.
All in all, 3 out 5 is great, but my favorite (SoR) has been destroyed by some big brain idiot.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They all kinda looked cheap and bad but I’m still excited for new Jet Set and Crazy Taxi.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
They all kinda looked cheap and bad but I’m still excited for new Jet Set and Crazy Taxi.
I have high hopes for Shinobi. It seems to follow what Streets of Rage 4 looks like, and that game is stellar. @Sircaw bought it after my recommendation and loved it.

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Golden Axe: There's some asshole somewhere that thought this was a good idea in 3D. Probably the same asshole that thought Sonic is a good idea in 3D.
If Sega were even a bit brilliant Golden Axe should have been in the place of God of War back in 2005.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

New games from Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, and Crazy Taxi - now in development​

Now watch as they are all made by western developers on par with the PS2 Altered Beast and Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

It is SEGA. Expect something worse than the worst you can imagine, and be pleasantly surprised if it isn't a total disaster.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Now watch as they are all made by western developers on par with the PS2 Altered Beast and Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

It is SEGA. Expect something worse than the worst you can imagine, and be pleasantly surprised if it isn't a total disaster.
It might be good.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Have you played Streets of Rage 4, by Dotemu? Because you'd be completely wrong.

I'm expecting Shinobi and Jet Set Radio to be good, and the rest meh.

Reactions: Gamernyc78