SEGA REVEAL TRAILER - 5 new Sega games from Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, & Crazy Taxi in development |UP| Midori rumor info.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Was it better?

My issue was the lack of originality and recycling of some enemies from previous games.

Game relied too much on nostalgia and lacked the soul of SOR1 and SOR2.

I think the soundtrack could have been better.
Most sequels recycle from previous games. As for lack of originality, they combat alone is much better than previous entries, which had stellar combat to begin with. I didn't care for the story much, and mostly play arcade or co-op. Where it matters (combat, sound, graphics) it's a stellar game.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Thankfully they've actually started this idea with Sonic,

But you serve all masters. 2D megadrive physics sonic Mania. 2.5D/3D sections Sonic Superstars. 3D Sonic Frontiers. And I don't know why the hell they've not got Sumo permanently on tap for further SEGA ALL-STARS RACING FFS.

Have the gameplay/genre faithful Mania/SOR Remake line. Have the mordenized take like Sonic 4/SOR 4, and then have the genre-shifted experimental attempt at IP use (Frontiers in our Sonic example, The Beuro XCOM Declassified as a different example).

Basically, yeah I'll play that weird looking Golden Axe there, but I'd have been more happy for GA Mania / a GA "SOR Remake"
The last really good Sonic all stars racing was released on the GameCube or ps3 I believe 😭. More my kids have to play that Lego racer to get in race transformations 🥳.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
The last really good Sonic all stars racing was released on the GameCube or ps3 I believe 😭. More my kids have to play that Lego racer to get in race transformations 🥳.
They need to reverse brand it. SEGA all-star Racing again, not just Sonic and friends.
I enjoyed the last Streets of Rage, maybe it was Nostalgia taking over.
It felt weird. Floaty? Too juggley? I'll take SOR Remake.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I want to make sure there is no confusion with what I am saying before.

It is correct information that Sega is developing full remakes of Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio in Unreal Engine 5 with most of the original staff.

These titles would release before the GaaS reboots.

Internally, both the Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi plans had already been previously delayed two different times, including the original reveal dates for the projects.

The previous plan before this month was to release Jet Set Radio remake and reboot in 2026 and Crazy Taxi in 2027.

Golden Axe was supposed to release individually in 2023 and marketing plans were created. But this plan was then changed.

These remakes are very similar to the original games but with some new features including multiplayer for Crazy Taxi.

And day one cosmetic DLC is currently planned for the remakes. But there are currently not expansion passes planned.

These are not the GaaS Reboot titles.

And now SOA is more involved in development and marketing of Sega titles than before. And communication has become more consistent between SOA and SOJ for these titles as part of global initiative. It is not just for Sonic titles.

Last edited by a moderator: