Series X needs to be £150 cheaper to compete - @Welfare_JBP (Twitter)

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
If he’s using Amazon he needs to stop looking at the hourly chart and during the holidays. Xbox always gets a temporary bump in sales with drastic price cuts. Sales go back normal after about a week or two.

Total sales of PS5 on Amazon of all the consoles is still way ahead of Xbox.

24 Jun 2022
He's simply being overly optimistic. It's illegal for a company like Microsoft to undercut competing products by too much a price point for a sustained period of time, else they'll be investigated for illegal practices like predatory pricing, price fixing and maybe even price shifting.

It's kind of funny how people suddenly forget that legal processes exist outside of deliberations for M&A approvals. They exist in ALL parts of business markets, at all times.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Game Over Meme GIF by Travis

For Xbox.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's $339 at Best Buy 😬

This is fire sale territory. Like retailers are trying to get rid of them while there is some Christmas demand.

Reactions: Bryank75

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Makes no difference at this point. Xbox is so behind. The console is trying to catch up to the One X for God's sake forget trying to catch up to PS5. Lol.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It needs to be far cheaper. Xbox lost november HARD when these discounts were already at play. I think it's over for xbox hardware, they can't even give it away at this point.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The real problem here is that even if they do sell a good few for Christmas at that price, that has now become the expectation for a lot of people...

Some will not now buy it at 500 or even 400. The % of people is the unknown bit I would guess a good chunk.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The real problem here is that even if they do sell a good few for Christmas at that price, that has now become the expectation for a lot of people...

Some will not now buy it at 500 or even 400. The % of people is the unknown bit I would guess a good chunk.
I just don't understand their strategy. Clearly the mothership is pushing for xbox division to produce profits, otherwise a lot of their recent moves don't make sense; yet they're taking massive losses on the hardware. Maybe they just couldn't move the units and retailers were complaining?

• they're_right_you_know

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I just don't understand their strategy. Clearly the mothership is pushing for xbox division to produce profits, otherwise a lot of their recent moves don't make sense; yet they're taking massive losses on the hardware. Maybe they just couldn't move the units and retailers were complaining?
Typical loser mentality. xbotz is begging for a little w, after holding all those L LMFAO 🤣🤣🤣.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That wouldn't surprise me. They were selling horribly at $500 and are still selling poorly at $350, if they didn't have deep discounts, getting outsold 3:1 in the US was a very real possibility. And that wouldn't have been acceptable.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Dude is using couple hours of sales data to predict a trend in a month where sales behave like an anomaly and cant really be used to forecast overall market trends or brand strength..
Most companies i have worked for have always excluded December from their research

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Dude is using couple hours of sales data to predict a trend in a month where sales behave like an anomaly and cant really be used to forecast overall market trends or brand strength..
Most companies i have worked for have always excluded December from their research
Oh mate, you have no idea...

So for that example, you can have 1M X and 0 S, or 600K and <700K S, 400K X and 1M S, etc. What I then do is try using any available data, such as availability or just intuition like I do with NPD, and pick one that looks close to right. If in this example the X and S were about equal in availability, I could go with the second option, and if the X were hard to find while the S is plentiful, I'd be more inclined to go with the third option.

Just search his username and the word intuition, it's fucking fantastic.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh mate, you have no idea...

Just search his username and the word intuition, it's fucking fantastic.
The funny thing is that he tried all that shit here, where the bullshit detectors are manufactured

• haha
Reactions: Darth Vader