Serious Question regarding Fanboyism of each platform.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Hi guys this is a serious question regarding fanboys of each platform and I’m not creating this thread to start a war.

Always understood why there are fanboys of Nintendo. They have created a legacy of great games, great consoles and great innovation to this day.

For me Nintendos great games are on another level only let down by weak hardware. Unfortunately they release too much filler in between and simply rely on nostalgia to gain sales.

It’s the same for Sony and their great consoles and great first party games. Maybe more variety in their game genres is needed.

To a lesser extent even Sega especially their arcade scene.

What I don’t understand is the blind support and fanboyism for Xbox.

What the hell have they done and what have I missed other than Halo which is currently in the toilet. Debatable if Halo is their creation too.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
It's human nature to be tribal. What sort of question is this? Doesn't matter if they're the gutter team. It's the X360 teen, late teen, young adult generation carryover. Xbox for life.

Nothing can be done to change their allegiance to that platform, nothing. Once you understand that fact, dealing with them becomes much easier, whether arguing with them firmly on any particular topic or simply chatting in peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddasar

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
It's called brand fetishism. People will defend brands they like a lot, specially if they have the money to pour into it, or some sort of story. Nothing special about it.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
What the hell have they done and what have I missed other than Halo which is currently in the toilet. Debatable if Halo is their creation too.
They had Halo, they had Gears, they had Forza (best racing sim with Forza Motorsport and best arcade racer with Forza Horizon), they had all the Rare games, they had Fable, they had so many cool Sega games when the first Xbox launched, they had all the big 3rd party games during the Xbox 360 gen with Mass Effect, BioShock, Ninja Gaiden, etc.
Now they are the home of Minecraft, Elder Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Fallout, Skyrim, etc.
Soon they will be the home of Call of Duty, Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft, Overwatch, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, etc.

They showed console gamers how online gaming REALLY works with Xbox Live.
They showed console gamers how to REALLY play a first-person shooter with a controller (Halo).

There are a ton of reasons why someone could be a huge Xbox fan today.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Hi guys this is a serious question regarding fanboys of each platform and I’m not creating this thread to start a war.

Always understood why there are fanboys of Nintendo. They have created a legacy of great games, great consoles and great innovation to this day.

For me Nintendos great games are on another level only let down by weak hardware. Unfortunately they release too much filler in between and simply rely on nostalgia to gain sales.

It’s the same for Sony and their great consoles and great first party games. Maybe more variety in their game genres is needed.

To a lesser extent even Sega especially their arcade scene.

What I don’t understand is the blind support and fanboyism for Xbox.

a lot of xbox fanboys are ex sega fanboys, and pc fanboys who can afford a good rig,also gamepass have bring a lot of cheapasses to the mix
the common thing its their desire to win against sony

OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It's called brand fetishism. People will defend brands they like a lot, specially if they have the money to pour into it, or some sort of story. Nothing special about it.

I find it weird. The moment Sony is no longer meeting the high standards of the past I will jump ship.

When I was younger I was the complete opposite of a fanboy.

Never happy with the console I owned and always wanting the other console in the market.

When I had the Megadrive I wanted the SNES, N64 when I had the PS1 etc.

OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They had Halo, they had Gears, they had Forza (best racing sim with Forza Motorsport and best arcade racer with Forza Horizon), they had all the Rare games, they had Fable, they had so many cool Sega games when the first Xbox launched, they had all the big 3rd party games during the Xbox 360 gen with Mass Effect, BioShock, Ninja Gaiden, etc.
Now they are the home of Minecraft, Elder Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, Fallout, Skyrim, etc.
Soon they will be the home of Call of Duty, Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft, Overwatch, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, etc.

They showed console gamers how to REALLY play a first-person shooter with a controller (Halo).

95% of those games were developed by third parties. Either later acquired or published by Microsoft.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Fetishism?

mick foley pain GIF by WWE

OP
OP
Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
And no one cares. The result is the same.
Microsoft owns all these IPs. Just like Sony owns Destiny.

Shows your mentality. You are actually putting these games as part of Microsofts legacy. Seriously?

Those aren’t Microsoft creations so not sure why you are giving credit to them and neither is Destiny in regards to Sony.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
they had Forza (best racing sim with Forza Motorsport and best arcade racer with Forza Horizon),

You must be on heroin if you think Forza Motorsport is a sim. It's a simcade at best, and not nearly as competent at that as Gran Turismo (any of them since 5). Even on consoles there are superior sim cade or sim racing games (Assetto Corza comes to mind). But coming from you, I'm sure you don't even believe that bullshit, your religious fanatism just prevents you from admitting it.

Forza Horizon yeah, it's probably one of the best if not the best arcade racing game.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Their parents bought them an Xbox when they were kids because the PlayStation or Nintendo were sold out.

They naturally defended the only console they have access to

They are also man children stuck in what they liked as children even with the option now to buy any system. Which is why you have 40 year olds crying on twitter

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Their parents bought them an Xbox when they were kids because the PlayStation or Nintendo were sold out.

They naturally defended the only console they have access to

They are also man children stuck in what they liked as children even with the option now to buy any system. Which is why you have 40 year olds crying on twitter

Probablem is that console evangelists are not real gamers. Fuck, I owned sega consoles, Nintendo (home and portable) playstation, and my only regret is not having the financial means to have purchased a Dreamcast and a 360. Now I own a PC, a PS5, and a Switch.

People that stick to a platform as if it's a cult they belong to are crazy.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Why wouldn't you be? Both consoles share 95% of their catalogs and are virtually identical in specs for the past 2 generations at least.

I find Nintendo fanboyism harder to explain tbh.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They are not Sony. That's it, Sony is evil to them for some reason while MS is the good guy. Makes no fucking sense if you look at the history of Xbox, MS in the 360 days was far more anti-consumer than Sony ever dreamed of being.

Right now Sony offer better hardware, better value, better games, better service, pretty much better everything. Xbox has better retro but Sony has a much better catalog of games anyway.

MS output of games in the 20+ years that they have been in the game console market is beyond pathetic.

A bunch of PC players hate Sony for their games not being on PC day one and for them constantly releasing some of the best looking games of any platform on their console. They don't hate Nintendo because they can pirate their games on PC and because those games don't look as good (PC master races are above anything graphics whores).

Last edited:

Banana

10 Jan 2023
ITT: a bunch of sony fanboys crying about other fanboys. Pretty funny tbh.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
A lot of these xbox fans don't even play games, or if they do they play the popular multiplats. To them the console war is their game of choice.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

He wanted to know WHY there are Xbox fanboys, not an example of one.

• fire