Several Activision games see price increases on Steam after Microsoft's purchase (Confirmed for Brazil, Turkey, Indonesia, India, Argentina)

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
On one hand, it’s a really sleazy move by MS.

On the other hand, fuck PC gamers!
Fuck anybody who supported this acquisition, in fact.

A gentle reminder that Brazil immediately approved the deal, claiming that "they do not need to protect Sony". So, they proceeded to protect MS.

How is that working out for you, Brazillian consumers?

Ajoelhou, vai ter que rezar!

Last edited:
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

Steve Mcgarrett Eddie GIF by CBS

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Fuck anybody who supported this acquisition, in fact.

A gentle reminder that Brazil immediately approved the deal, claiming that "they do not need to protect Sony". So, they proceeded to protect MS.

How is that working out for you, Brazillian consumers?

Ajoelhou, vai ter que rezar!

I think the Brazilian government made it too hard for Sony to make a profitable business in their country, despite opening a factory there.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
When I look at Activision catalogue of games I'm impressed by how uninteresting their games are.

The price increase is what MS does to attempt to increase the perceived value of Gamepass and I expect it to keep happening going forward.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I didnt know you were argentinian, sucks to be a gamer in SA
I'm from Brazil and prices are fine to be honest, it's more publisher dependent than anything. BG3 is $40 on Steam for example. A PS5 games on disc like Spider-man 2 is $60, less if you combine with promos from the store themselves.

PS5 price is also pretty good. Using the minimum wage here as a reference makes no sense. If you are anywhere close to making minimum wage here you would have no chance of buying any console or game regardless, you would be having a damn hard time making ends meet.

Reactions: John Elden Ring
OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I'm from Brazil and prices are fine to be honest, it's more publisher dependent than anything. BG3 is $40 on Steam for example. A PS5 games on disc like Spider-man 2 is $60, less if you combine with promos from the store themselves.

PS5 price is also pretty good. Using the minimum wage here as a reference makes no sense. If you are anywhere close to making minimum wage here you would have no chance of buying any console or game regardless, you would be having a damn hard time making ends meet.

Im too, if you have a steady income you can have one of the three console and buy games for it regularly.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Well, someone has to pay for the fact that the PlayStation fanbase is about to tell any games coming from the now MS-owned Activision to fuck off. That privilege is passed on to those who championed for this deal to pass.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
I'm from Argentina. The new prices are INSANE. Playstation is known for being the only company here that doesn't have regional prices so buying new games there is near impossible. The new activision blizzard prices are so high that its cheaper to buy on Playstation using dollars than on Steam using our currency.

The cod bundle is so expensive that you can literally buy the games or a couple of things for your home like a new fridge AND a washing machine.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I'm from Argentina. The new prices are INSANE. Playstation is known for being the only company here that doesn't have regional prices so buying new games there is near impossible. The new activision blizzard prices are so high that its cheaper to buy on Playstation using dollars than on Steam using our currency.

The cod bundle is so expensive that you can literally buy the games or a motorbike, or a couple of things for your home like a new fridge AND a washing machine.
Activision were bad enough on their own for consumers but damn why Microsoft gotta buy up publishers to increase game prices in countries with less income they're really despicable