SF6 is a huge flop on Xbox

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Calling it now. Megaflop on Xbox hardware.

The Xbox version of Street Fighter 6 has failed to even chart in the XBL top 50 at all… at all whatsoever … just 10 days into its release.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I keep hearing about games failing to chart on Xbox, what actually does chart over there? Because something has to.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I keep hearing about games failing to chart on Xbox, what actually does chart over there? Because something has to.

For new releases? Most do for a quick second. Like Jedi Survivor is still hanging around. REmake4 only showed up its launch week. Dead space also a moment’s appearance if at all….

they’re very short lived tho… to the point where you wonder if stuff like RE4 and Dead space bombed on the platform. Which of course they did…. You wonder if performance is similar on PlayStation and there’s surely some overlap but this is a huge discrepancy. SF6 is doing exceptional on PlayStation.

It’s gamespass… it’s totally fucked their consumer buying habits; because they no longer exist …. It’s just gamespass handouts

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
For new releases? Most do for a quick second. Like Jedi Survivor is still hanging around. REmake4 only showed up its launch week. Dead space also a moment’s appearance if at all….

they’re very short lived tho… to the point where you wonder if stuff like RE4 and Dead space bombed on the platform. Which of course they did…

It’s gamespass… it’s totally fucked their consumer buying habits; because they no longer exist …. It’s just gamespass handouts
Yeah, but something is on the charts in their pkace. Oh, wait, this is the "most played" charts, rather than most purchased, nvm.

Nitro

Icon Extra
10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Oh, wait, this is the "most played" charts, rather than most purchased, nvm.

Unless the game is a complete turd, there's an undeniable correlation between these two metrics. SF6 received excellent review scores with a 90-93% rating. You would expect it to chart considerably higher than this. Xbox fans on ResetEra use the most played chart as a measure of success with regularity.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Unless the game is a complete turd, there's an undeniable correlation between these two metrics. SF6 received excellent review scores with a 90-93% rating. You would expect it to chart considerably higher than this. Xbox fans on ResetEra use the most played chart as a measure of success with regularity.

It’s the most accurate indicator for an online PvP game like street fighter. That’s its bread and butter and most important metric.

The game is meant for players to sink thousands of hours online.

And it’s doing such… steam numbers are holding very strong at all hours of the day and close to that original launch peak where there is potential for new heights. It seems quite likely. First major content drop might do it.

It might just happen soon on a random weekend honestly . It’s actually very impressive whereas launch numbers were not when it comes to frontloaded numbers. It’s definitely selling…

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Well, my question was "what are people buying to kick this down the chart" so it does make a difference to me. The answer being "this is the most played chart" means they aren't buying stuff but instead are playing old things.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Well, my question was "what are people buying to kick rhis down the chart" so it does make a difference to me. The answer being, this is the most played chart means they are playing old stuff, so, you know, makes sense.

They’re buying gamepass and only gamepass. Approved catalog consumption only.

(Outliers are Elden Ring and Hogwarts)

Reactions: Nitro

Nitro

Icon Extra
10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Well, my question was "what are people buying to kick this down the chart" so it does make a difference to me. The answer being "this is the most played chart" means they aren't buying stuff but instead are playing old things.

Xbox users are playing other games, that's obvious. The question is why?

Why is a highly anticipated, critically acclaimed game in a popular franchise suddenly not charting when in past years it did?

The evidence is growing that Game Pass is influencing spending habits on the Xbox platform.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wow, after all the years complaining that SFV wasn't on Xbox..... saying that SFV was a failure due to it being console exclusive.

Guess all of that was bullshit and they wouldn't have supported SFV anyway. You'd think they would jump at the chance to show Capcom how important their platform is.... but nah.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Ursula GIF

Reactions: Kokoloko

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Wow, after all the years complaining that SFV wasn't on Xbox..... saying that SFV was a failure due to it being console exclusive.

Guess all of that was bullshit and they wouldn't have supported SFV anyway. You'd think they would jump at the chance to show Capcom how important their platform is.... but nah.
It has been a waste of time and effort for Japanese publishers and developers to support Xbox since day one.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They only brought up SFV to console war and shit on Sony. Now the franchise is back and barely anyone bought it.

The same thing is happening with Persona, Yakuza and every franchise they rage about.

Square is the only company with a brain, Sega will learn the hard way.