Shin Megami Tensei series character designer Kazuma Kaneko leaves ATLUS after 35 years, joins COLOPL

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Kazuma Kaneko, who is known for his character and demon designs across the Megami Tensei series, left ATLUS in 2023 after 35 years and has joined COLOPL to develop a new intellectual property.

The news comes via a newly published creator interview with Kaneko, in which it is revealed that the new project is an original title that depicts a worldview created by Kaneko, and that the “game experience” will incorporate the latest technology.

Actual details about the title were not revealed, as it is still in development.

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
Unfortunately he was driven away by the Xbox stench. SMT/Persona have some of the best art direction and character design in the industry.
Atlus games sell very poorly for the PlayStation in Japan. And that's one of the reasons why Kazuma Kaneko left Atlus.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Atlus games sell very poorly for the PlayStation in Japan. And that's one of the reasons why Kazuma Kaneko left Atlus.
Sounds like he left because he knew SMT V was losing its Nintendo exclusivity as was announced in Feb. Must be a salty Nintentot. And it must've sold horribly for it to need to go to all other platforms.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Inappropriate language
No Rayman, this isn’t true. The Xbox stench drove him away. No need to lie

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
No, Rayman, this isn’t true. The Xbox stench drove him away. No need to lie
In addition to Xbox, PlayStation is also to blame for his departure. Any Atlus game would sell better for Nintendo platforms than PlayStation in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
In addition to Xbox, PlayStation is also to blame for his departure. Any Atlus game would sell better for Nintendo platforms than PlayStation in Japan.
I just told you there’s no need to lie. Atlus has had PlayStation exclusives for decades and he stuck around, the moment they start associating with LBox, he makes a break for it. Put 2 and 2 together 🤡

You just joined the site and have been nothing but dishonest.

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
I just told you there’s no need to lie. Atlus has had PlayStation exclusives for decades and he stuck around, the moment they start associating with LBox, he makes a break for it. Put 2 and 2 together 🤡

You just joined the site and have been nothing but dishonest.
Sony deliberately paid Atlus not to bring their games to Nintendo platforms. Sony wants to destroy its competitors, i.e. Xbox and Nintendo, so it's no wonder that Sony plays quite dirty. If you want to blame someone, it's Sega who wanted all future Atlus games to be multi-platform games. Sega has been very close to Xbox since the very beginning of Xbox, and while it does not like PlayStation because PlayStation is the biggest culprit that Sega does not produce more consoles.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony deliberately paid Atlus not to bring their games to Nintendo platforms. Sony wants to destroy its competitors, i.e. Xbox and Nintendo, so it's no wonder that Sony plays quite dirty. If you want to blame someone, it's Sega who wanted all future Atlus games to be multi-platform games. Sega has been very close to Xbox since the very beginning of Xbox, and while it does not like PlayStation because PlayStation is the biggest culprit that Sega does not produce more consoles.

You still pushing this lie that Sony ruined Segad console business? 😂 By now, everyone knows Sega did it to themselves. Only goofy Xbox fanboys still run with that narrative.

Pretty much everything you’ve said since joining the site has been a lie

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
You still pushing this lie that Sony ruined Segad console business? 😂 By now, everyone knows Sega did it to themselves. Only goofy Xbox fanboys still run with that narrative.

Pretty much everything you’ve said since joining the site has been a lie
I'm not an Xbox fan because I despise Xbox as much as PlayStation. Only PlayStation fans are bothered that current and future Atlus games are multi-platform, while PC, Xbox and Nintendo fans are celebrating Sega's decision that Atlus games are now multi-platform. Exclusives should become a thing of the past, i.e. games should be available for all platforms, not just one, eg Xbox or PlayStation.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm not an Xbox fan because I despise Xbox as much as PlayStation. Only PlayStation fans are bothered that current and future Atlus games are multi-platform, while PC, Xbox and Nintendo fans are celebrating Sega's decision that Atlus games are now multi-platform. Exclusives should become a thing of the past, i.e. games should be available for all platforms, not just one, eg Xbox or PlayStation.
And everyone should have the same exact hardware and features too, right? Im just curious. We should remove all originality or dna attached to certain consoles. Then if i go into a store and buy a console it wouldnt matter which one i buy :)

Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
how old are you?

Reactions: JAHGamer

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
And everyone should have the same exact hardware and features too, right? Im just curious. We should remove all originality or dna attached to certain consoles. Then if i go into a store and buy a console it wouldnt matter which one i buy :)
I would prefer if there is only one platform where you can play all games, for example Microsoft and Sony work together to create one console on which everyone can play all games without Xbox and PlayStation fans arguing over which platform is better. I'm sick of console wars because PlayStation and Xbox fans are equally toxic and guilty of this stupid console wars. Players should enjoy the games, not argue about which platform is better.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I would prefer if there is only one platform where you can play all games, for example Microsoft and Sony work together to create one console on which everyone can play all games without Xbox and PlayStation fans arguing over which platform is better. I'm sick of console wars because PlayStation and Xbox fans are equally toxic and guilty of this stupid console wars. Players should enjoy the games, not argue about which platform is better.
This takes away from originality. Sometimes i like Mcdonalds but other times i like Burger King. Menus may look the same but they both offer different tastes and innovations. I would not welcome a gaming industry like this.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sounds like commie talk to me!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78