Shin Megami Tensei V has sold over 1.6 million units worldwide

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Celebrating over 1.6M units sold worldwide for the Shin Megami Tensei V series… and counting.Thank you for the love and support for SMTV & SMTV: Vengeance!

GQegRQiX0AEEq3z

Ico

Banned
8 May 2024
FWIW atlus announced that the game had sold over 1 million copies back in 2022, the japanese megaten twitter account said the multiplat release sold 500k by now

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
FWIW atlus announced that the game had sold over 1 million copies back in 2022, the japanese megaten twitter account said the multiplat release sold 500k by now
So they sold only 100k copies in over 2 years on Switch? These numbers make no sense at all.

They sold 1 million in 4 months and then nothing for more than 2 years? That would be the biggest drop ever, as if the game was pulled from shelves, discontinued and delisted.

It would make more sense if Vengeance sold 300k or less since last week.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I'm so tired of Xbox fans, man. They cry for these games, talk up how much putting games on Xbox helps franchises grow and then they don't show up for shit because they don't buy games.

UK Platform split :
They won't have to worry about crying anymore Atlus is in Microsofts piggyback now.

Did they ever post something like this when Persona 3 Reload launched? Curious to know the percentage between P.S ,Steam, and Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
They won't have to worry about crying anymore Atlus is in Microsofts piggyback now.

Did they ever post something like this when Persona 3 Reload launched? Curious to know the percentage between P.S ,Steam, and Xbox.
I’d like to see that too. I’d imagine metaphor will be 90% PS despite the Xbox branding sega tacked on it.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
So they sold only 100k copies in over 2 years on Switch? These numbers make no sense at all.

They sold 1 million in 4 months and then nothing for more than 2 years? That would be the biggest drop ever, as if the game was pulled from shelves, discontinued and delisted.

A lot of JRPGs have near non existent sales past a few months, and the nicher you get(SMTV was the first million seller in the franchise's history) the worst that effect is.

It would make more sense if Vengeance sold 300k or less since last week.

The Japanese twitter said it sold 500k though.

Shin Megami Tensei V OG sales:

2021 - 800.000 / 800.000
2022 - 300.000 / 1.100.000
2023 - 0 / 1.100.000

They must've never hit a new 100k milestone and they're rounding down.
Obviously the game didn't sell 0 copies in like 2 years.

I'm so tired of Xbox fans, man. They cry for these games, talk up how much putting games on Xbox helps franchises grow and then they don't show up for shit because they don't buy games.

UK Platform split :

Honestly, I'm surprised its not even lower tbh. Considering how digital Xbox is(in large part due to Series S) and the fact the game never was on Xbox in its history, I would've expected some like 3-4% type thing here.

Actual numbers are super low though, UK physical doesn't really equate to actual super large numbers unless it's a huge release these days.