Shin Megami Tensei V has sold over 1.6 million units worldwide

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I didn't like it, found the combat boring and repetitive and the story asinine. Dropped it, according to my Switch's clock, about 20 hours in but was only on the third area (I think?) of which they were all bland and samey looking.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I didn't like it, found the combat boring and repetitive and the story asinine. Dropped it, according to my Switch's clock, about 20 hours in but was only on the third area (I think?) of which they were all bland and samey looking.
tbh atlus has never been great in making good looking backgrounds or level design. They rely on great music and artstyle.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Is the expanded edition worth playing? I generally steer clear of Atlus titles because they ALWAYS double-dip for expanded versions of their successful games.

It's also the reason I'm hesitating on Re:Fantazio.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This is one of my favorite games released on Switch. I’ll grab on ps5 at $20 though, highly recommend

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Is the expanded edition worth playing? I generally steer clear of Atlus titles because they ALWAYS double-dip for expanded versions of their successful games.

It's also the reason I'm hesitating on Re:Fantazio.
I'd give Re:Fantasia a shot since it's an attempt at a new I.P. as for you're first question it's hard to say the combat is bare bones. There's no fancy field gimmicks like how Persona 5 had. There's an auto battle option but it's lazily done. You're team won't use healing items or abilities while using it and later on you can purchase an ability that'll stop auto battle of one of the characters enters low hp. The grind for exp and money is heavy even if you purchased the edition that gives you the option to enable dlc's that put enemies on the field map that drop items for immediate level ups and more gold. The games a solid 7 from me. Reasons being there's little to no character development at all for any of the cast. Your character is just thrown into the mix without really having any connection to the events happening. The barebones battle system and the story just isn't good at all. I've played most Atlus's titles not just Persona or Shin Megami this definitely is one of my least enjoyed ones.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
I'd give Re:Fantasia a shot since it's an attempt at a new I.P. as for you're first question it's hard to say the combat is bare bones. There's no fancy field gimmicks like how Persona 5 had. There's an auto battle option but it's lazily done. You're team won't use healing items or abilities while using it and later on you can purchase an ability that'll stop auto battle of one of the characters enters low hp. The grind for exp and money is heavy even if you purchased the edition that gives you the option to enable dlc's that put enemies on the field map that drop items for immediate level ups and more gold. The games a solid 7 from me. Reasons being there's little to no character development at all for any of the cast. Your character is just thrown into the mix without really having any connection to the events happening. The barebones battle system and the story just isn't good at all. I've played most Atlus's titles not just Persona or Shin Megami this definitely is one of my least enjoyed ones.
This sounds like the game really won't be my thing.

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: reziel