SIlent Hill 2: Gameplay Revealed | State of Play |UP| New Clip.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GFND1ypaMAAn3Fk

GFNDq_za0AAjLm9

GFNDvF_aMAA0PZU

Update 2/1/2024

New clip from Konami showing off the Silent Hill 2 Remake​

Last edited by a moderator:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I have the lowest expectations for this game of anyone in existence and this still looks worse than I was expecting.

I'm excited to try The Short Message, however.

It doesnt even look bad though, it looks like a more modernised Silent Hill 2.

People forget how janky the orginal gameplay was, or maybe they over look it because of the 10/10 Music,atmosphere and story

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Bloober needs to F off to a Silent Hill.

Incredible how they butchered such an anticipated title. Then again, it's Bloober which prob got paid with Gamepass subs.

Good job Konami!

You have clearly never played Silent Hill 2, the gameplay was always junky in the orginal. In fact none of the Silent Hill games have ever had good gameplay. We always played it for the story,atmosphere and music.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
You have clearly never played Silent Hill 2, the gameplay was always junky in the orginal. In fact none of the Silent Hill games have ever had good gameplay. We always played it for the story,atmosphere and music.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I have played SH2 over 20 times. This was behind janky and lack presentation.

Reactions: Darkknight2149

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I have played SH2 over 20 times. This was behind janky and lack presentation.

The boss fight against pyramid head, you literally just stand in the corner firing ur gun at him

And don't even get me started on the boss fight against Eddie....

Don't get me wrong SH2 is a masterpiece but the gameplay was never all that good

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
It doesnt even look bad though, it looks like a more modernised Silent Hill 2.

People forget how janky the orginal gameplay was, or maybe they over look it because of the 10/10 Music,atmosphere and story
No, it looks fucking awful. Unpolished graphics, zero atmosphere, bad designs and character models, weird Saw-like jumpcuts, Silent Hill: Origins QTEs, action/horror combat that looks like a pale imitation of all the "survival horror" trends (The Evil Within, Resident Evil, Last of Us).

2024-02-01_03-51-09.png

And no, this isn't a "modernized" version of Silent Hill 2's combat. That wasn't an action/horror game and if that was your expectation, then it's no wonder you thought it was awful. This trailer was abysmal in a way that no amount of "but the combat was always bad" can justify.

PSM: Why did you create such an ordinary main character rather than using a tough "commando" type?

Keiichiro Toyama: Again because the modern horror essence was the key to the game. The main character is not a hero, nor is he a strong willed person. He has and keeps his morals, but he is really just a plain, normal person. His motions, such as swinging around his items and trying to catch his breath after running, falling on climbing the stairs, etc. are not very cool or heroic, but after a while, it would be easier for a player to project himself or herself to the main character.

What was your goal in creating the atmosphere of the game?

Keiichiro Toyama:
There were two main concepts we wanted to put into this game. One is that we wanted to make the player feel that the world exists. We took influences from Stephen King for the modern horror atmosphere, so you have all these indications that this is taking place in our modern world. We wanted to have the horror feeling, but we also wanted to make it feel real to the player. The second concept we wanted to focus on was the technology, to create this world in full polygons with a free-floating camera that changes a lot to'keep the player really unbalanced, and to use a lot of fog effects and lighting effects.
What do you think of other horror games, like Resident Evil?

Keiichiro Toyama:
Resident Evil 2, in particular, put aside the horror a bit and went very "Hollywood." It focused on the action, and felt more like an action movie than a horror game. We wanted to go back to the roots of what horror is supposed to be about. We want to make you scared on an instinctive level.

Imamura: After the underwhelming response SH4 got, we've been gathering opinions from everywhere to make sure we come back strong with the next installment. Sometimes the most vocal opinions, for example the desire for more battles, are not always the best ones, especially for a series like this. We wanted more melee combat in SH4, but realized from fan reaction that there was just too much action, regardless of it being melee or not. That kind of action doesn't make the atmosphere creepy anymore, but kind of obnoxious.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
No, it looks fucking awful. Unpolished graphics, zero atmosphere, bad designs and character models, weird Saw-like jumpcuts, Silent Hill: Origins QTEs, action/horror combat that looks like a pale imitation of all the "survival horror" trends (The Evil Within, Resident Evil, Last of Us).

2024-02-01_03-51-09.png

And no, this isn't a "modernized" version of Silent Hill 2's combat. That wasn't an action/horror game and if that was your expectation, then it's no wonder you thought it was awful. This trailer was abysmal in a way that no amount of "but the combat was always bad" can justify.

That's where I am at. The game simply looked like The Medium, Blair Witch type of quality. Strip away the IP, and you have just another standard Bloober game. SH2 deserved way better.

The game having no release date is alarming though. Someone definitely knows...

Darkknight2149

18 Dec 2022
She'ol
discord.com
That's where I am at. The game simply looked like The Medium, Blair Witch type of quality. Strip away the IP, and you have just another standard Bloober game. SH2 deserved way better.

The game having no release date is alarming though. Someone definitely knows...
The trailer gets worse every time I watch it. There's a scene where a monster is attacking James in a QTE and blood is just filling the screen like House of the Dead or something. You also have monsters darting at you like Call of Duty zombies and Nurses vaulting over ledges. What does Bloober Team think Silent Hill 2 even is?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The trailer gets worse every time I watch it. There's a scene where a monster is attacking James in a QTE and blood is just filling the screen like House of the Dead or something. You also have monsters darting at you like Call of Duty zombies and Nurses vaulting over ledges. What does Bloober Team think Silent Hill 2 even is?
I have to admit I'm not even a big silent hills fan and I thought it looked like a reskinned Resident Evil. Only thing I remember about the old silent hill games were that they were more horror than action.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The trailer was a miss for me.

The emphasis on the action and the rock music seemed out of place for a Silent Hill game.

Silent Hill A short message captured the essence in my opinion.

I'll wait and see. Maybe they tried to make an action packed trailer to position it as a RE4R look alike, and the game will be different?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This was the biggest disappointment at the show for me.

It just doesn’t look/feel right. Everything felt dated and janky.

Why give this game to Bloober.